Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm System.....please help

Options
  • 24-09-2005 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi I have an Astec System and the alarm is telling me to "Call Engineer" with the Number 76 before it. I think I can get into the Engineer Menu by pressing Fn + 0 and putting in my code ,but then when I try to do anything it just kicks me back out to the main screen displaying "Call Engineer"
    I just need to reset the alarm and get rid of the "Call Engineer" from the display.

Does anyone know who to do this ?

Thanks in Advance
    JD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I have one of these alarms and have the error 87 Call engineer. I can't clear mine unless I get the enginners code, my master code doesn't work. I can't get the engineers codes from the company who supplied it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Ricardo..Not sure there is a code 87 "call engineer"
    Sure its not 77??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Well I looks like 87 the display is failing. (carp Alarm) I know what it is. The backup battery isn't charging. Its a fault with the main board. I already tried a new battery. Theres an outside chance resetting it might clear it, IF I had the engineers code. Which I don't. Once I have funds I intend replacing it. Its 4 yrs old now.

Wasn't a very good alarm. Kinda got fiddled. Was told it had a redialler, (which I wanted) but they configured it only to their own monitoring service, and only after I had it fitted did they tell me I had to sign up to the service contract to use the monitoring and redialler. Turning a £400 alarm into a £800. They wouldn't give me code to reconfigure the alarm. Now theres a problem with it they won't come out and fix it, unless (you guessed it) I sign up for the service and monitoring. Which is the same price as just getting a new alarm.

But thats enough about me...

Sounds like you were stiched up a bit.With Astec it either have a dialler for calling monitoring stations or a voice dialler.They should come out & unlock it for you ,if you offer to pay for the call out they can,t really refuse..Refusing to call unless you have monitoring is a load of crap really...
    Where are you living? If your in or around Dublin PM me I'll sort it for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

Ricardo , I think I know the Company you are talking about. I'm going to call the alarm company who installed mine tomorrow and ask for my Eng Code as the alarm is brand new. I'll let you know how I get on.
    If I had my way the house would have an Aritech Alarm as that's what I have in my old house and it was a great alarm and never gave any trouble at all :)

JD

• Advertisement

Its not the alarm .,Its how it's installed...We have used Astec since they started & I have to say there are very few problems if they are installed properly...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

Oh I totally agree with you. I was more saying , I'd like an Aritech as the manual explains everything including the Eng Section of the alarm. I just downloaded the Astec Manual and there is no mention of the Eng Code or Menu Functions. I suppose there is a reason for this :)

JD

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Hi guys

By any chance is this the astec "2 wire" system , available from Pearse Street, that has been praised here in the past........Was just about to get me one of them
    t

Yeah! the're the ones... Very good IMO..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 linnetfields

Hi There

I also have an astec alarm telling me fault 61- call engineer battery. Can anyone help me to sort this? We bought the house second hand and the system was here when we arrived.

Cheers,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Replace the battery!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dannyhandy

there is a way of reseting the alarm without an engineer code

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

dannyhandy wrote:
    there is a way of reseting the alarm without an engineer code

Yes you could try powering the system down & remove the battery & factory links. Power back up & replace these links.
    If the panel defaulted the factory code 4711 will disarm it & 1174 wil get you into engineer mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 colmneedshelp

Hi, I recently moved into an apartment and the landlord tells me they don't have the user manual for the Astec alarm so I can change the alarm code. Does anyone know how this can be done? I have the existing code. Any direction is appreciated.

Clear Fn 3
    Enter code
    enter new code
    Set
    verify new code
    Memory will flash on top of screen

• Registered Users Posts: 7 btin

hi barry here. code 76 means engineer reset programmed into panel. displays after a tamper on system or a device fault. it requires engineer to reset the system. display is cleared by entering engineer mode and removing fault

Hi, back again. Koolkid, thanks for the instruction last time resetting the Astec system - I noticed rereading this thread that i forgot to thank you.

Well, the Mrs didn't like a 2 bed apt, so we now have a 4 bed house with, you guessed it, a HKC Securewatch alarm, and again I don't have a user manual. Two questions for the very knowledgable braintrust that is this board: How do I change the user code (again I have the current code but I want to prevent the landlord getting in unnoticed - not a very trusting soul am i?) and secondly, I was told to enter 0#4 to arm the alarm. That works but it beeps forever to give me time to get out of the house. That's fine for when I'm leaving but when I'm not, it just wakes the kids up. It beeps for 30 sec. Is there another shortcut or can I change the exit time?

Thanks again
    Colm

I uploaded manager manual

To change code enter user code> Manager Menu> User codes

To Quick set with no buzzer 0#5
    Part set 0#7 or 0#8

Thanks koolkid. I don't quite understand the steps you've described above. From the panel, do I just enter the user code without pressing anything else first? And do I use the default user code or the security code (i.e the one i want to change)? If I try the default (01111), it doesn't display anything except ***** on the screen and then reverts back to stanby. I guess my problem is I don't know how to get to the manager menu. I do have the user guide but I don't know how to get into the menus using the keypad. Any help is appreciated.

you use whatever the existing user code is.
    If there are just ****s on the screen that you are not entering the correct code.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dprice

I have just had one of these alarms installed, a 63DV Astec Alarm.
    I have set up the notification Phone numbers. However, when testing The system rings the first number ok, but if it does not get and answer the system does not automatically ring the second number. The code on the screen indicates that the user answered but did not press the star key twice. (F3)-I did not answer the first number because I wanted to see if it would trip to the next number. At first I thought that this was to do with the call answering on mobiles due to the fact it rings 15 times before giving up. Then I tried ringing a landline, the same result. Is this a fault in the system?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kitkat.3b4t

Hi

I moved house recently and got the astec alarm upgraded at a cost of €800. It has been faulty ever since and goes off a few times day and night, for no reason. Since alarm was installed I cannot contact the so-called 'engineer'. His name is Brendan and he is based in the Meath area. I want to get my money back and will track him down. Has anyone else come accross this Brendan character?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

PM me for manuals. Files too big to upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Also try 01278 for the engineer code.

Sometimes the alarm company have been known to use digits from their phone no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 WexfordDad

Hi there
    We have a Telecom Fault since we disconnected our Phones from Eircom and every 10 minutes it starts to beep.

I need to tell the system that we are no longer looking for the "Dialer" to work and also that we don't have a Telecom Connection.

Any help you can offfer appreciated.

Tks, Damian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 reilly128

Hi have astec63 alarm and getting message, "15 Call engineer", when i press clear, set, full get TAMPER Lid and then another secreen 5A6 FAULT, can't find the manual to fix this, any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

reilly128 wrote: »
    Hi have astec63 alarm and getting message, "15 Call engineer", when i press clear, set, full get TAMPER Lid and then another secreen 5A6 FAULT, can't find the manual to fix this, any help?

Tamper lid is the lid on the control panel. Sab fault is to do with the external bell. You should check the cable going to the external bell is not loose in the control panel, then close up the lid on the control panel to clear the faults. If you want a engineer manual send me your e-mail by P.M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 bill m

howdy folks.
    I have an astec 63dv alarm which has been working fine for 3 and a half years but last night it went crazy.The outside alarm goes off on its own then the inside without the outside,when i disarm it,it still goes off every hour or so.Ive called engineers but no one is answering and i need it sorted asap,two kids in the house and understanding neighbours who are at their wits end.I need to disconnect it.I took the fuse out but it still goes off.Is there a battery somewhere i can take out.I took off the inside bell case but cant see anything other than wires.I need to disconnect it before i rip it off the wall and smash it with a hammer....it will probably still go off!!!
    All help would be greatly appreciated:confused::confused::confused:
    bill m

Remove the lid from the main panel. Turn the 2 plastic screws 90 degrees to vertical & slide the lid towards you.
    This should also remove the mains fuse & the orange neon should no be off.
    To the right of the last terminal connections will be a link marked battery, remove this to disconnect the battery.
    The keypad should no be blank. The system is no powered down.
    If the outside siren is ringing this will stop after 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 bill m

Thanks koolkid,
    did as you said and its sorted.sorry if i was a bit paniced two hours sleep,i was at my wits end.
    Appreciate all the help,
    got a guy coming later on to sort it.I checked the outside box and the wires are corroded.prob due to the heavy snow,
    all the best
    bill

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement