Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm System.....please help

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi

I have the following error on an astec alarm

61 call engineer at the top right hand corner

under the clock time it says fault and in the bottom rigt han corner it says

TELECOM BATTERY

what do i do?

You need to replace the battery. It is a 12v 2.2 amp battery. Can be got easily enough on the suppliers list here. In relation to the telecom fault, is there a live phone line connected to the panel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭annfield1978

no, no landline phone in the house

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Was there a landline connected at some stage?
    To clear the telecom fault you will need to get engineer access & remove the programmed telephone numbers & account numbers.

no, no landline phone in the house

Can you check if there are any phone numbers programmed in the system. To do this press clear fn 8 (user code) 1, set, bypass, set. This will delete the number if there is one programmed. If there is more than 1 do the same and press 2,3 and 4. Here is a link to the user manual for the Astec alarm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Opps, sorry, is this a voice dialler?:o

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Opps, sorry, is this a voice dialler?:o

Hope so :D

Was there a landline connected at some stage?
    To clear the telecom fault you will need to get engineer access & remove the programmed telephone numbers & account numbers.

if there was, it would have been more than 5 yrs ago, why would this problem suddenly appear?

if there was, it would have been more than 5 yrs ago, why would this problem suddenly appear?

The system checks for voltage on the line. Maybe it was turned off by Eircom.

altor wrote: »
    The system checks for voltage on the line. Maybe it was turned off by Eircom.

your advice got rid of the telecom problem, so cheers for that

now to get that battery

any d15 stockists around?

your advice got rid of the telecom problem, so cheers for that

now to get that battery

any d15 stockists around?

T O Reillys should have one. Ring before you go there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

How long before I need to replace a battery when it starts flashing on the panel ? Think its call engineer 61 coming up

If its gone as far as call engineer 61 change it ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

As said earlier by another poster, they're not a bad panel "when fitted properly"

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

If its gone as far as call engineer 61 change it ASAP.
    Well there was no warning, just the other nite when the alarm was turned on, this message came up flashing battery and call engineer 61. Just wondering do I get a week or a month coz I'm guessing I'll get charged about €100 for a new battery and call out. And frankly, I don't have it

Generally the panel gives a few weeks notice where battery flashs at the bottom right of the screen. If that never happened maybe there is another problem.
    If you ignore the fault the battery will eventually draw more and more power from the panel which results the alarm activating and not being able to disarm it from the keypad.

Well there was no warning, just the other nite when the alarm was turned on, this message came up flashing battery and call engineer 61. Just wondering do I get a week or a month coz I'm guessing I'll get charged about €100 for a new battery and call out. And frankly, I don't have it

You can pick up the battery for the Astec alarm system for 15-20 Euro. Have a look for a supplier here for a supplier near you. You will need a 12v2.2 amp battery. Easy enough to fit if you follow these instructions :

Power down the panel by turning off the mains, open the lid on control box. Remove battery link on the top right side of the circuit board. There are 3 screws to be removed to remove the bottom half of the control panel cover. On the circuit board there are 2 screws to be removed to get to the battery. Once you change the battery, put back on circuit board, put back on bottom cover, put in battery link, put on top cover. Turn on the mains. Job done. If the alarm rings while doing this just enter your user code on the keypad to silence the alarm. When you power down the alarm completely the external bell will sound and go off after 15-20 minutes till you power the system back up.

Any problems, let us know.

T O Reillys should have one. Ring before you go there ;)

thanks very much altor for your advice

popped down to o'reilly's and fitted the battery after a few minutes with your accurate instructions

much appreciated

thanks very much altor for your advice

popped down to o'reilly's and fitted the battery after a few minutes with your accurate instructions

much appreciated

That is great to hear annfield1978, all easy with the right advice :D

If you every have any problems you know where to get help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wildbronco89

My astec alarm, model s80, will not power back up. The mains tripped the other day and well it flashed mains for awhile and then flashed battery and now is powerless. I thought the alarm would start running off the mains again.
    How do I get this to power back up? I can't replace the battery as its part of the board.Power is back in the house. I have taken the remote panel off the wall and then back on thinking that might help but it did not.

Any I deas? (other than call an engineer)

Thanks
    Aaron

My astec alarm, model s80, will not power back up. The mains tripped the other day and well it flashed mains for awhile and then flashed battery and now is powerless. I thought the alarm would start running off the mains again.
    How do I get this to power back up? I can't replace the battery as its part of the board.Power is back in the house. I have taken the remote panel off the wall and then back on thinking that might help but it did not.

Any I deas? (other than call an engineer)

Thanks
    Aaron

Have you checked the mains fuse in the control panel, this may of blown ?

• Advertisement

If the orange neon light coming on on the panel.
    Also check the fuse is fully in place. If you have removed the lid it may not be fully in. If the neon light is on try removing the battery link. The battery may be drawing the system down. You can easily change the battery. Its not part of the board its behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wildbronco89

alarm fuse seems ok,

mains are all working except 2 bedroom lights. tried to trace the fuse for them but no luck.all switches operate other lights.

alarm fuse seems ok,

mains are all working except 2 bedroom lights. tried to trace the fuse for them but no luck.all switches operate other lights.

The alarm could be on that circuit. I would advise to get a electrician in to fix the problem with the lights if its more than a blown fuse.

Better to be safe than sorry..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yonny

Hi

I have an astec 49dv installed and i need to move the control panel from its current location and to do so i need to disconnect it. Is there an easy way to do this when I don't have the engineer code or the engineer manual?

Yonny

This can be done without engineer access. (Providing engineer reset hasn't been enabled)
    Turn off mains power to the panel before proceding.
    Open the top lid by turning the 2 plastic screws to vertical & opening the lid towards you.
    Disconnect the mains power & isolate into blocks & tape up with insulating tape.
    Remove the battery link @ the top right hand corner of the panel. The system will power down & the external bell will ring. This will stop after 20 minutes.Remove your terminal connections marking each as you go.
    Remove the phone line with caution. High voltages will be present if the phone rings. Isolate these cables seperatly also.
    Remove the 2 mounting screws & the top left & right. The panel will now lift upwards & away from the wall.

When done reconnect everything , re apply the mains power & the battery link & disarm with your code. When the lid is closed up again the system should work as normal.

Thanks, sounds much easier than i was expecting :)

Yonny wrote: »
    Thanks, sounds much easier than i was expecting :)
    Just don't electrocute yourself.:D

Yonny wrote: »
    sounds much easier than i was expecting :)

Very easy to do but if reconnecting the system plus extending the cables make sure the connections are good as this system is not very forgiving of poor connections. If you need a engineer manual let us know.

Very easy to do but if reconnecting the system plus extending the cables make sure the connections are good as this system is not very forgiving of poor connections. If you need a engineer manual let us know.

Hi Altor,

It would be nice to have the engineers manual to look through before doing the work.

Yonny

• Advertisement

I sent you that manual.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement