Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm System.....please help

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yonny wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

It would be nice to have the engineers manual to look through before doing the work.

Yonny

Sent you a P.M

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yonny

Yonny wrote: »

Your welcome, if you get stuck let us know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ciaranjnewman

How do I tell if the engineers code on my Astec has been locked.

I have tried "clear 1174" but it just shows "code" and does not let me into the engineer mode.

The guy who installed it has long gone - the mobile number is dead.

I read the thread on powering down the systen and resetting the factory link - but before I do that can I check someway if the engineer code is locked.

Many thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Trying the factory default is the only way to know.
    If its locked there's no harm done.

• Advertisement

Does that mean the main panel/board is now defunct?

Do I have to buy a new panel?

Many thanks again Koolkid

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there a fault with the panel?
    Any company can look at this for you as we'll.

Hi KoolKid,

Thanks for your very fast responses!:D
    No - the panel is OK at the moment.
    I have put on an externsion to the house and need to add a zone.
    My question related to accessing the engineer section to configure the panel.

If the engineer access is "locked" is there anyway to "unlock" it - or will a factory reset do this.

I thought I saw somewhere on the forum that an engineer , when fitting the alarm, can lock it - and if you do not have the code then its kaput as far as reconfiguring it.

You will be able to add sensors/contacts onto a zone without any engineer access.
    Any good engineer will be able to reset a locked panel. Most panels would have the engineer lock enabled. A panel that is not engineer locked can be disarmed in under a minute.

Any panel can be disabled in under a minute, engineer locking of any panel wont prevent it.

• Advertisement

The information to factory default a panel is widely available here and everywhere else.
    It's in the engineer manuals for gods sake. Information on disabling alarms via other methods is not so easily available.
    The issues have been well trashed out in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055241850&page=6
    If anyone wants to try justify why they dont engineer lock their panels thats the place to do it. There's no need to repeat it all here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I think you will find that defaulting info is mostly found here and on aam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Jnealon wrote: »
    I think you will find that defaulting info is mostly found here and on aam

In fairness, I have never seen it anywhere on boards how to default a locked panel.

Id be very surprised if its on AAM either.

In fairness, I have never seen it anywhere on boards how to default a locked panel.

Have a read of the thread koolkid linked above.

altor wrote: »
    Have a read of the thread koolkid linked above.

That's a big thread Altor. Do you have a link to the relevant page?

Its against the charter to post anything re defeating alarm systems.
    If there is something there I've overlooked please report it & Ill edit it.
    To clarify:
    I don't consider the standard defaulting method an issue . This information is in the public domain already.

That's a big thread Altor. Do you have a link to the relevant page?

For starters look at the post on the top of the linked thread.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Its against the charter to post anything re defeating alarm systems.
    If there is something there I've overlooked please report it & Ill edit it.
    To clarify:
    I don't consider the standard defaulting method an issue . This information is in the public domain already.

How to default an unlocked panel is common knowledge and in the public domain and that info shouldn't be restricted here. What I'm talking about is information how to default a locked panel. I have personally never seen that info posted on boards but im open to correction.

I have personally never seen that info posted on boards but im open to correction.

I found an old post of yours giving away details of getting past the engineer lock :P

• Advertisement

I found an old post of yours giving away details of getting past the engineer lock :P

Good lad yourself Altor. Since you went to the effort of searching through six years of my posts, why don't you post a link to the post so we can all have a look. And BTW if it's the post I think it is, I didn't post any procedures on how unlock panels.

Care to link to that post or else use the report post feature.

Good lad yourself Altor. Since you went to the effort of searching through six years of my posts, why don't you post a link to the post so we can all have a look. And BTW if it's the post I think it is, I didn't post any procedures on how unlock panels.

It is not like that Fred, I was reading an interesting thread that jabaroon started back in 2003 re getting into his panel that had being engineer locked when on page 2 your name popped up with a way of getting into his panel. I have said it before myself on here how it can be done but since the charter has changed it cant be said anymore. I was just having a laugh as you would :P

I have reported the post so it will be deleted by the mods on here as soon as they get to it. Same with my post if they get to see it :D

OK , enough on this.
    Those posts were originally from the electrical forum & prior to the charter here anyway.
    As they were brought up I have edited them, although there was no precise information posted on whats involved.
    Lets leave it at that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement