Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan

Options
  • 24-09-2005 8:03pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,449 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm a first time importer. I'm thinking of ordering this off lik-sang. are they a trustworthy group? Will I have to pay customs? And most importantly, will i understand what the hells going on?? Any advise would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Lik-sang are very well known. I've purchased 3 or 4 things with them, fast and well packaged. Never had to pay customs.

I'd love to play that game. Those people also developed Gitarooman on PS2 which is without doubt the best rythm action game I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

I ordered Jump Superstars from them a while ago. Delivery took a little longer than I expected but other than that it was grand.
    I was thinking of ordering this also, looks pretty sweet. Let us know how it is if you end up getting it.

Edit:
    And most importantly, will i understand what the hells going on??

Theres a translation thing on gamefaqs which doesn't look that in-depth but it should be ok I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've been hooked on this for the last fortnight. Most of the 'stories' are pretty much self explanatory from the graphics (they're told in a comic book style). It'd be nice to know exactly what is being said, but this game will never ever come out in English.

Gameplay is great. You use the stylus to tap points on the screen at a certain time. You also have to drag the stylus along certain paths. The points are places in time to the music, so its easy to get into a rhythm.

There are 4 skill levels (2 are available from the start, the others are unlocked later). I'm still having trouble with the later levels on the Easy skill level, so this one is going to last you a while.

When you finish a level, you are rated from A to C (with a special rating of S if you get a perfect). And every level (in every skill level) has its own high score, so there is alot of scope for replayability.

Music is very good (all J-Pop), but some of the songs will drive you nuts (especially if you're having trouble finishing the level!).

There is a full translation guide of the options etc. on GameFAQs, so thats worth a read if you get the game. Also read the message boards there for other peoples opinion of the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/data/928590.html

I recommend it, anyway....

Advertisement