Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can getting broadband be so DIFFICULT??

• 24-09-2005 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I'll try shorten this.. I could rant on for a year.

Moved to an apartment.. No phoneline.

BT tell me it'll be quicker if I get an eircom line, and then transfer it to them if I want Broadband with them.

Eircom set up the line... It fails the prequal.
    BT Say awww.. Bye now.
    Eircom say.. Hang on.. You DO qualify!!

I tell BT.. They say YAY.. please wait 4 weeks and all will be well.
    I ring after 2 weeks to see what date the modem will arrive, they say they dont know just yet but ask me what username and password I want to use.

I ring after 3 weeks to check the delivery date, they say ... Who are you again?.. "We have no record of your order".

I give out.. They say .. We'll set it up again and escalate it.
    They also say I can watch the progress of the order online .. lovely.

(This is all over the space of 5 weeks).

TODAY.. I notice that they're proceeding with the line transfer from Eircom, but have rejected the BB order.

I ring to find out.. on hold for 70 mins, and I give up.

I check on the eircom.net site how much basic BB is with them, AND THE ONLINE PREQUAL SAYS MY LINE WONT QUALIFY!!! AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH
    (The line prequalled just fine last week!)

SO. Here I am.. Broadbandless.. spending a fortune on dial up, with an almost BT line, and they wont answer the phone.

How much does this SUCK. Smart want me to go canvass so they can trigger the exchange, otherwise tough doodoo. NTL say.. we'll have it there in a few weeks or months.. great.

Please dont make me go down the slow road of flatrate.. again... Please??

:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

its mad i live in massively built up area & i cant get broadband at a good price ie under E50 a month but less than 2km away i can get DSL,FWA :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Tech Girl

NTL offer a brilliant Broaband service in Waterford City at really cheap prices depending on the speed you sign up to and it has just been released in the city centre. Its a free installation and the first 3 months subscription is free. I have Ntl 2MB speed for just €35 per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

hi Trotter,

In the exact same position as you currently nine weeks waiting on BT now.

fcuking muppets :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Mine arrived yesterday..
    The first 2 people that were supposed to look after my order.. LEFT!
    When I got through to a girl who knew what she was at, I got her direct dial number and plagued it!

Its worth the wait though.. keep hassling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

I've been waiting for 2 months for my BB to be transfer from last house to new apartment, previously had problem upgrading the line too, I got on to BT in the UK, now UK Manager is watching them here on my account and the manager in ireland and 2 more staff working on it, suppose to have atleast my phone line working yesterday but still nothing today, I will call them again if I dont get an answer I will complain to UK again, everytime I complain to the UK they get back to me very quickly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 the gobbler

i'm waiting 9 weeks for BT broadband,,,still nothing,,,,have been on to BT about 25 times since,cant get a supervisor as they have yet to call me back..lost applications..calls dropping..long wait times...funny thing is the line is a BT line...we had broadband and they cust me off for no reason..the last time i called they said they are waiting on eircom to release the line...i say i have a bt line and they still blame eircom..i dunno wots goin on,dunno what to do about this..no one in call centre knows what the prob is...i will never ever advise anyone to get BT...10 times worse than eircom....i only wish NTL came to my area

Advertisement