Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Sunday roast pubs in Dublin?

Options
  • 24-09-2005 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Me and some friends want to go to a pub tomorrow for a sunday roast beef dinner with yorshire puds etc.

Can anyone suggest any in the City Centre/Portobello/Ranelagh area that does a kick ass carvery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Bump.

Anyone know of any pubs that do a great carvery / Sunday roast in town (D2 area preferably)?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Moved from F&D. Hope you get your answer here folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I could be mistaken but doesn't The Bridge on Westmoreland St. do a a carvery?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I could be mistaken but doesn't The Bridge on Westmoreland St. do a a carvery?

Is that not a bit of hole though? the last time i was in there, it was cover in little flies

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Could very well be. Haven't set foot in the place in three years myself. Just the first place that sprung to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the mercantile on dame street is pretty damn good for the city centre anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

O Neills on Suffolk St / Trinity St?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Is that not a bit of hole though?

I worked there for a few year's, its a kip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

ill second O'Neills on Suffolk street, they do a great carvery

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

When I saw th title of this thread I was expecting a totally different topic :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 chefsden

THE SUBMURINE BAR DO A VERY GOOD ONE BUT MAYBE A BIT OUT OF THE WAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

chefsden wrote: »
    THE SUBMURINE BAR DO A VERY GOOD ONE BUT MAYBE A BIT OUT OF THE WAY.

afaik the have stopped doing food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Crossbar does legendary food.

lol @ the first review.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

A little bit of the beaten track but The Brock Inn near Ashbourne is pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Peggy Kellys at Harolds Cross. http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/peggykellys.html

Been there a good few times on a Sunday, lovely food.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Mairt wrote: »
    I worked there for a few year's, its a kip.

didja know a fella called badger headed fella called jimmy that worked there??

Des wrote: »
    The Crossbar does legendary food.

lol @ the first review.... :D

LOL :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The Coachmans on the airport road do a nice bit of grub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Bambi wrote: »

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

O'Neils, Suffolk Street. Great carvery, the ham has been fantastic whenever I've eaten there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Bambi wrote: »

Most confusing sentence ever! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

Cremo wrote: »
    the mercantile on dame street is pretty damn good for the city centre anyways

+1
    I work there, free grub.:)

Degsy wrote: »

nope, dont like that place at all, anytime i have been there its have been some kind vegetables, that have been sitting in a bain maire all day, any have lost any favour or texture, and are just water fill lumps of blob

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

nope, dont like that place at all, anytime i have been there its have been some kind vegetables, that have been sitting in a bain maire all day, any have lost any favour or texture, and are just water fill lumps of blob

Yeah well thats coz you're a vegetarian.
    He was asking about a carvery,where they carve joints of meat for normal people.
    Actually i have a humerous story about that place and a vegetarian.
    My ex was one of those "people".We went into the Coachmans one sunday and she asked (as they do)"Whats the vegetarian alternative?"
    the bloke pointed with two hands and said "leave by that door or that door!"
    How i laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Ivy house and Fagans in Drumcondra. Porterhouse in Temple Bar/Glasnevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Degsy wrote: »
    The Coachman's is my favourite place to go for a pub type dinner. I love the carvery there and they are not afraid to be generous with the meat and veg. Plenty of parking also but it can be difficult at times to get a seat.

I love the 'savoury sandwich' - hot meat of the day (e.g. roast beef + stuffing) with two slices of bread and chips for €5.50 I think.

Strangely enough, Mrs WA hates The Coachman's and 'indulges' me now and again. :)

In saying all that, the actual restaurant there is a bit disappointing IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

3 year old thread !?!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

subway wrote: »
    3 year old thread !?!
    :eek: I didn't cop that! The first response was made three years after the OP! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

subway wrote: »
    3 year old thread !?!

Ninja edit/ so wha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bellapip

If you want a decent, hot and plentiful carvery you wont get better than at the Deamans Inn Lucan.
    The turnoff opposite Liffey Valley, and yes I work there.

My kids and my hubby eat there a lot and they are the fussiest feckers on the planet.

Great food on the carvery and the best value 'early bird menu' anywhere.

Give it a try.

Bell.:D

Advertisement