Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finally got my G3 400MHz Powerbook

• 10-08-1999 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

and I can honestly say it p1sses all over the PC. ffs, I have a pc emulator booting up win95 in 7 seconds (as PII 200 with 76MB ram).

Now all I need a good mouse :

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yes but just try getting any decent games for it smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I'd be interested to check out the G4 if and when they update the remaining architecture. I read somwhere that 3dfx are getting involved with Apple...?

I was a bit dissapointed that the G4s use the same graphics card to the G3s. It looks like they should have labeled the G4 'G3gti' or 'G3 DeLuxe'. I love the new case colour...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Can you buy G4's in Ireland? The machine is classed as a super computer.

They have adverts on TV with tanks sitting around a G4 saying that the American Military class it as a weapon, and then take the p1ss out of the Pentium as being harmless.

Oh yea Hecate, I can run all the games in the PC emulator. that's all I'm using that for smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep G4's are available here. I know my company is selling them. Don't ask me how much they are I don't go near Mucs they give e a rash. tongue.gif

Gandalf the Mac-hater

• Advertisement

Try using one Gandalf... you'll convert tongue.gif

This laptop is just incredible. What I really like is the "Sleep" mode. When it goes into sleep it will reboot in under 5 seconds and stay sleeping for days. Not like windows that ends up trashing your hard drive and locking all your hardware when you go to hibernation.

iMacs/iBooks may look naff, but they are pretty powerful machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Macs are evil, dirty, evilevilevilevil gah wahhhhh Die Steve Jobs Kill arrrrgrghhh

I hate macs hate hate hate smile.gif

I just don't really like them.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

So, you put a 3dfx card into the G3 and its detected and used through the emulator?

Cool.

Yep. You can also play 3DFX mac games.

Think the PSX emulator works as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yes but they look cool smile.gif

and not everything works under an emulator.

• Advertisement

Everything works under the Emulator Hecate. For all intents and purposes it becomes an Intel chip. I've had W95/W98/NT40/Linux running on the emulator with absolutly no problems.

I had to install drivers for W95/98 that would allow me to drag between OS but as it allows you create directory shares it doesn't really matter.

As I have a laptop I can't put a 3DFX card into the machine, but if it was a desktop machine all PC games which use 3DFX work fine under the emulator.

Oh yea and the reboot on the emulator is 5 seconds smile.gif Beats a PC. ... Did I say 5? I meant 7 *Blush* smile.gif

Oh yea, and it's great for taking over Alien motherships apprantly.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 13-09-99).]

Advertisement