Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Vs Denmark

Options
  • 24-09-2005 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Been ages since i watched basketball of any league and tonight by accident i tuned into rte only to catch the start of the game.
    I really enjoyed watching it, some classy moves and good team work coming from both teams.
    I was wondering had ireland come allong pretty well but just read a thread (nba players 1) confirming that.
    Cant wait till basketball starts up in college, its been about 3yrs since i played so should be fun :eek:

Jozi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Cant beleive how it ended! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

rte news said denmark won controversially, but then failed to explain it, so what was the controversy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭whiteboard

I think it is about the foul which was not given to Ireland with 7 seconds to go.
    Sucessful free throws would have put Ireland through.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/0924/basketball.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Yeah the german ref was beeing a right prick, ireland would have won only for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭hardwoodhero

I have watched thousands of games and i have never seen such biased refereeing as i seen.

We were given 3 technical fouls for nothing. Our Co Captain got one for talking to the ref. The denmark coach steped ontot the court to abuse the referee, which is an automatic technical foul.

Larranga got hammered at the end of normal time and should have had 2 free throws to seal the game but the ref called nothing. If it was drejer he would have gotten 2 shots.

Throughout the game the refs gave denmark everything. It was unreal how bad it was. I hope basketball ireland lodge a complaint.

• Advertisement
Advertisement