Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght

Options
  • 24-09-2005 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Its Great isnt it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Not really, no... lol

I was in a shop there once.

Got the correct change and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Darcy16

DaveMcG wrote:
    Not really, no... lol

Ah it is

Ah I give up, you're right! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Course Tallaght's great :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Gick

.......Why would you want to remind people of the existence of...of...I can barely say it....I'l just say,You know where

Gick wrote:
    .......Why would you want to remind people of the existence of...of...I can barely say it....I'l just say,You know where

Oh sorry, we'd much prefer discuss Terenure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Killinarden, Jobstown, Tymon... I rest my case.

Chavs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I work in Tallaght and there are FAR FAR worse places.

Yes it was bad 10 years ago, but i'd feel quite safe walking about at night now.

Problem is the bad name is still there many years after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Darcy16

Kernel wrote:
    Killinarden, Jobstown, Tymon... I rest my case.

Chavs.

Skangers ya Spanner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

wats the point in this thread.
    Unless it becomes a genuine discussion about tallaght, can a moderator please close this thread before it becomes a slagging match/flame war/ hand bags at 10 paces job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Richie6904 wrote:
    wats the point in this thread.
    Unless it becomes a genuine discussion about tallaght, can a moderator please close this thread before it becomes a slagging match/flame war/ hand bags at 10 paces job

Motion to lock seconded.

why the hell do you guys want to lock this thread,if you don't like the thread no-one's forcing you to read it,now stop trying to ruin it for everyone else.Back on topic I hadn't noticed Tallaght changing at all during the last ten years I think other areas are just starting to get back aswell and are making Tallaght not stand out,look how hard the Perrystown and Orwell chaps think they are thse days

Yeah, gotta love Orwell-heads tryin to seem tough, lol

they're havin a war with Perrystown at the moment,tryin to out-schmad each other..throw some of them into Ballymun,see how they cope

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ok, so tallaght might have matured and grown in recent years regarding, infrastructure, business, hospitals and hotels, but the name the place has still lingers on like in alot of other areas too. Alot of this imo opinion comes down to people living there (and I am not just having a rant at tallaght, other areas too, but its tallaght this time round :p) Lets just hope future generations will learn to better themselves and not resort themselves to violence and other criminal activities made in these disadvantaged areas.

nah future generations of areas like Jobstown won't be any better than previous,you hardly think the sons of knackers will be geniuses do you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Darcy16 wrote:
    Skangers ya Spanner

Are you Tallaght chavs always so aggressive and contrary?
    gick wrote:
    ,you hardly think the sons of knackers will be geniuses do you

That's genii to you genius.

thanks for the correction kernel,generally my spelling is impeccable and generally tallabans are aggresive and contrary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Best thread ever on Boards.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Gick wrote:
    thanks for the correction kernel,generally my spelling is impeccable and generally tallabans are aggresive and contrary

Haha Tallabans, I like it!

didn't think the words Tallaght and best would ever exist in the same sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

And why is that? I'm from Tallaght, are you going to start stereotyping me now? Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's just one troll really - this 'Gick' plank seems to be trying (and failing miserably) to create a middle-class snob persona for himself. The fact that he can barely string two coherent words together kind of defeats the purpose though. I predict a swift banning.

okay,your calling me a plank,yet you wrote ''without kind of''surely you meant to say I can't ''string two coherent words together'' without making a mistake?but then again you are from Tallaght so maybe you're just an idiot,and as for me TRYING to create a MIDDLE-class persona,I live in a big house in Terenure and my shoes probably cost more than your whole wardrobe,so I don't need to try,I'm upper class and you're jealous *edit-that guy's changed his post now,but he had made a stupid mistake in his grammar while slagging me for my vocab,oh these Tallabans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Not from Tallaght myself, but have lived there for a few years now. Even in that short time it has improved slightly. Lots of development etc. There are certainly areas which are rough..extremely rough.

I live in Deselby which is very quite but we are right against Kiltalown which is not a "no go" area but does have huge problems.

Tallaght will always have rough areas and an even rougher reputation.

Gick wrote:
    okay,your calling me a plank,yet you wrote ''without kind of''surely you meant to say I can't ''string two coherent words together'' without making a mistake?but then again you are from Tallaght so maybe you're just an idiot,and as for me TRYING to create a MIDDLE-class persona,I live in a big house in Terenure and my shoes probably cost more than your whole wardrobe,so I don't need to try,I'm upper class and you're jealous *edit-that guy's changed his post now,but he had made a stupid mistake in his grammar while slagging me for my vocab,oh these Tallabans

Your trolling is terrible and what is with all the pointless punctuation. There is no ruling class in Ireland, so there isn't really an upper-class either. No-one is jealous of your blatant idiocy. Of course it's to be expected from someone who regards "wardrobe" as an important issue in society. I think Paris Hilton has the same mind set. What's your lineage or career that makes you think you're upperclass!?

Well I'm a pupil who gets good grades and I live in a big house in a nice area and am loaded with money,wardrobe's are important,If I went out around here wearing a burberry cap and a tracksuit and cheap jewellery I would get insulted no-end

I guess you don't own the house, or have a job. So you're not independant and you don't really contribute to society. How does this make you upper class? Good grades are respectable though, so continue on, maybe you will learn a bit more about your surroundings aswell. I myself have a 4.0 GPA (95% avg) on my course so I respect people who have worked or work as hard as I do. To stereotype people from Tallaght is ridiculous as I'm a student of Tallaght I.T (my first choice, they follow the course structure I prefer) and know lots of people who well educated despite of their backgrounds. I moved away from Tallaght a long time ago but I don't hold any resent for anyone there even though I didn't really like it there.

• Advertisement

Living in an upper class area and living an upper class lifestyle=upper class.Just because you say I'm not changes nothing,can't blame you for not liking Tallaght though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement