Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Terenure is a middle class area, and unless you have serfs and wenches you most likely aren't living the upperclass lifestyle. That class structure is confined to history. It's not about income or how big your house is. Upper middle class is probably the best you could hope for, unless you have a long lineage of land owners who were worth millions. My family would be considered upper-middle class depending on which model you follow, and that's with having a number of self made professionals. The average blue collar worker would be classed as upper proletarians according to some structures!!! Even Bill Gates is lower-upper class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Gick

does owning over 100 acres of land and a house in Spain not qualify me as upperclass?that's what everyone's expected to have is it?

Why do I get the feeling you are lying :rolleyes:

I doubt you'd living in Terenure and going to the local school.

fine,I'm not going to get into an argument about this in a thread about Tallaght,if you went to my school,you'd know I'm not lying.For all I know you could be a millionaire but seeing as you stick up for the Tallaban I'm assuming you're not.anway to conclude Tallaght=scumhole,that's my opinion,and your not going to change it

Childish shortsighted troll, I'm glad you won't get far. And as for assuming anything about me, go ahead, but you'll be wrong.
    I'm homeless and posting from a cafe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Gick's got alota spunk, he's learnt to stick his ground...too many slip ups in the shower teaches you that lesson...

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

Gick, i have a few questions for you,

1, Is that you in that picture with the terenure jersey on?
    2, You Live in terenure?
    3, why are u so "proud" about being from terenure?
    4, what have u against tallaght?
    5, 100achres of land?(impossible!) which i assume is in terenure as u live there (btw terenure college is about 40-45 achres so?...)
    6,what do u want to be when you are older?
    7, What have u against tallaght?

you think it is a scumhole but you only think that because you are "protected" by daddy and he prob pay's for everything for you! and you brag about your shoes being worth more then someone's wardrobe? well let me tell you something, I hope you never have trouble with money when you are old, i hope you have a lovely family and you can put food on the table to feed your kids,i hope you can pay all your doctors bills, and keep a steady job because "kid", you have ALOT to learn before you grow up! its a big bad world out there and if u keep frowning down onto people then some day your gonna realise that daddy did take good care of me and i havent a clue what to do now.

But your opinion on tallaght is your own opinion, i just hope you dont say it to the wrong person some day and they hurt you really bad, you know alot of people around the area's are getting shot and stabbed and even killed over stupid things, you really should b careful about this Gick, like your tellin us u "do" live in Terenure and its possible its u in that photo. just be careful "kid".

Btw this is no form of a treath its just a word of advice of what "does" happen in society now a day, there are sick people out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

I'm from Tallaght, its an alright place, theres nicer but not too much trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Gick's got alota spunk, he's learnt to stick his ground...too many slip ups in the shower teaches you that lesson...

good one, he sure sounds like hes dropped the soap too many times.

Now, Gick wtf is your major malfunction take your head out of your arse and look around the world aint like that no more.
    Stop tryin to give your self an upper class presona in a thread titled TALLAGHT. Make your own thread and call it somethin like 'Im Gick im tryin to give myself a presona on boards what do you think of me now'

As for this thing you have against Tallaght yes it has bad areas and it has GOOD (yes i said GOOD) areas, been living here all my life and seen the best of both. Every where is the same fromm tallaght to kiliney to foxrock u name it.

I also went to a private school in Rathgar. So i have had my fare share of a**holes like U who have ended up no where in life cause they relied on their mammys and daddys and where they came from to get them somewhere. No 1 outside of where u come from, cares about where u come from.

Ive rambled on enough now. if your not going to say something constuctive about tallaght your on the wrong thread, either start your own or stfu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭air_vent

In some places in Trinity arts block I get the whole stop and look at me with disgust when they ask where you from and I say proudly I may add Tallaght some of the TCD arts girls ( D4 slags some blokes are even worse laugh in your face then but there are ways to get them back !!!) wouldnt even look at you and they walk of in disgust feeling dirty I bet with their louis vitton bags that daddy bought or I just had 500euro to spend so why not type of sh ite ( thats another rant altogether!!!!!!!!)

Tallaght has some crap holes just get on a 77 one night and youll know all about it, that Gink chap would get eaten alive if he open his mouth. the problem is the slags having kids at 11 and not riasing them, or raising them to be mental, and the high concentration of all our good buggies the travelling folk.

You have got to realise that Tallaghfornia is bigger than limerick city, population wise that concentration of people has its problems with the scumbag mentality its a tough job keeping the place like the utopia everybody wants.

Some place are grand few idiots around like everywhere else but they can be dealt with. You can give out all you want but every area has a drug dealer!!! Just a fact of life nowadays.

My part of tallaght is getting a bit iffy to many kids with nothing to do all day (mind you thats no excuse for robing a car or getting binned on e ) just somthing should be done to stop the slut parents or the idiot ones who cant bring up a kid cause thats where the problem lays!!!
    I do feel that a mass culling of some of the pure filth of all areas wouldnt be so bad, realty nasty folk to clean the country up a little

• Advertisement

to Ado
    1.No that's just a picture of our prop,why?into judging people on appearance?
    2.Yes I obviosly live in Terenure
    3.it's a lovely area
    4.nothing against Tallaght,it's the people living their that I hate
    5.that's obviously not in Terenure,it's in our holiday home in Brittas
    6.I'm gonna do commerce in UCD,like my older brother,then I'l decide
    7.fool it's the same question as no.4
    to the other guy,yes I'd say I would get eaten in Tallaght,and I have started another thread already

ok i was just asking a few questions but there was no need to insult me and call me a fool! to be honest ur head is so far stuck up ur dads hole i cant tell where u begin and he ends! so u hate everyone in tallaght, i hope someone from tallaght gets to kick d head off you, btw im not from tallaght im just outside tallaght and id help them :) you gob****e!

Ado resorts to threatening me with violence,I think I was the clear winner in this argument

7.fool it's the same question as no.4

I was insulted by you when u decided to call me a "fool". You call me a food eh? You dont even know who u are talking to so be very carful kid. I could be the smartest person in ireland or a complete thick, thankfully im neither but im no fool. so i would appriciate it if u said sorry for insulting my intelligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Darcy16

Tallaght should be its own city its bigger than Galway, Limerick and Waterford, Plus we have so much they Don't Go on Tallaght

Gick wrote:
    Ado resorts to threatening me with violence,I think I was the clear winner in this argument

Not you anyway, needing lies to try make a point and being an all round bigot in your posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Gick wrote:
    Not really, he stated he's not from Tallaght but hope's someone from Tallaght kicks the head off you.

Oh and Terenure is NOT an "upper class" area(though "upper class", as Giblet put it, is confined to history in this country), like the majority of areas in Dublin, it has it's nice parts and it's not so nice parts.
    Sure drive by the side entrance to Terenure college any night of the week and have a look at the field across from it, you'll see people sitting in that field drinking cans, fighting and doing drugs - you call that upper class?Don't think so somehow.
    Also wasn't there a huge cocaine factory found in terenure not so long ago?If it were an "upper class" area I don't think you'd have english fugitives living there and processing wild amounts of cocaine.
    Some parts may be considered "middle" class but that's only a select few.

You talk about being loaded with money and having 100 acres of land and a house in spain?You're 17, I very much doubt you've a single asset to your name(financial or otherwise), if anything it's your parents who have the money and land/property though I personally think you're lying through your ass.
    So you're just a normal 17 year old guy in 5th year who depends on his parents for cash, nothing "upper class" about that, I'm sure everyone at that age did it,I sure as hell did and don't consider myself "upper class" for doing so.

Now I'm not a huge fan of Tallaght myself, but I'm sure as hell not ignorant enough to say that I hate everyone from Tallaght because everyone who lives there are knackers,sure enough I know people from Tallaght that I would consider knackers but I also know some people living there that i'd consider the opposite.Infact, I know some people who live in Tallaght and went to Terenure college, so now you're saying that your in a school with knackers?Thats not very "upper class" now is it.

There's nothing "upper class" about you.

You are by far the most annoying troll I've come across on boards and am in shock that I'm actually here "feeding the troll". :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Has anyones opinion of Tallaght changed by viewing this thread, or just reinforced?

can someone please give me the definition of ''troll''?obviously it's my parents who own the land and no Ado I didn't call you a ''food''

DMC wrote:
    Has anyones opinion of Tallaght changed by viewing this thread, or just reinforced?

Neither, the only view which has been reinforced is the fact that gick is a troll.

A troll being someone who deliberatly tries to annoy people to provoke a reaction. Although his type of trolling has been done to death by other users. I just get off at shouting them down, it's a hobby of mine. Especially if they show a lack of intelligence like our pal gick here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Exactly. I think its time to conclude festivities on this thread, tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement