Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

squiky shoes/runners

• 25-09-2005 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what causes shoes/runners to make that o so anoying squiky sound when you walk? Is there ways of getting rid of it?
    Reason im asking is because my runners just started doing it a week after i got them and im not happy about it.

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

take the little mice out!

but seriously folks...

yeah mine do too [black and yellow osiris skate shoes] - i just wear earphones as much as feasibly possible, or else just act relieved that i have an aural reminder of the fact i'm walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I checked for mice, none :(

I cant say its common to skate shoes cause this is a first and ive been to trough quite a few. Wont be going near Lakai again anyway.

I'm nearlly considering going back with them but i doubt i have any comeback thou.

Jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Iv only ever worn skate shoes and never heard of this strange sound?? I would guess the likes of Nike and Reebok squik because they put all that shock crap in them, and layers of plastic, and endless other material that makes you think your buying a good pair of shoes ;).
    Skate shoes all the way, comfy and will last you a life time :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

it can happens when you first buy a new pair of runners.
    It'll usually go away once you wear them in.
    Nothing to worry about unless your a secret black-ops assassin..... are you? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭peterl

it's your feet...not the runners...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 squiiish

I have a pair of converse that are a bit too big and I find the noise is produced by my foot moving against the inside of the shoe. I find that you have two options - wait until the newness wears off, or put a bit of foot powder/talc etc. in the shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

You have that the wrong way around mate.
    Iv only ever worn skate shoes and never heard of this strange sound?? I would guess the likes of Nike and Reebok squik because they put all that shock crap in them, and layers of plastic, and endless other material that makes you think your buying a good pair of shoes ;).
    Skate shoes all the way, comfy and will last you a life time :).

I've stoped wearing them now, not because of the squiking but because it feels like my ankle is coming trough the sole!
    I'm in noway heavy (not that that should make a difference) so dont understand why that has now happened.
    The area my ankle is over feels much thiner than the rest ofthe sole to, its going to wear away much quicker to this way.
    Going to ring them tomorrow and see what he can do.

Jozi

No air in these im affraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I think sometimes, it can be if they get wet, and the rubber sole makes them squeek :confused:

CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Last 3 shoes were DCs, first ones grand for a year or so then started squeeking, go a new pair few months same thing, new pair of the same style only lasted a month...... no more DCs for me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jothee

my dc's have started squeaking too, ever since they got wet a couple of weeks ago, i think. however they only seem to do it in the morning when i first put them on. and after a while they're alright usually.

honestly i can never remember having a pair of runners/shoes that didn't start sqeaking somewhat after getting wet. regardless of how much they cost.

Had a similar experience with DC, first pair was grand after that they went down hill.
    Etnies and Dvs are my favs till now, pity neither have much i really like at the min.
    Lakai is doing well to get to the bottom of my list after this, maybe its a 1 of thou.

Advertisement