Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV line rental issues

Options
  • 25-09-2005 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Problem I has at the moment is that I changed over to UTV talk back in November 04. I am supposed to be paying them my line rental but for some reason I have never been changed over so I am still paying 2 bills.

Calling UTV is pointless as they don't care, they have appalling CS which make Eircom look good, Eircom don't want to know they say call UTV. Where do I turn to next?

Who is the boss at UTV these days? They mention a Jermey Bickerstaff (sic) but refuse to give me his contact details.

Is there any point emailing Pat Kenny about this?

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Letter in writing to UTV.

Note you MUST follow the providers customer complaint procedure first or ComReg will pat you on the head and send you back to square 1; do not pass go; do not collect 200 :)

If no joy copy letter and details of you problem to ComReg at

Commission for Communications Regulation
    Block DEF, Abbey Court
    Irish Life Centre
    Lower Abbey Street
    Dublin 1

or use the online form at http://www.askcomreg.ie/about_us/form.asp

Below are the relvant bits from UTV and Comreg sites

John

From Comregs site.....

ComReg can seek to resolve disputes between consumers and operators where the operator's own dispute resolution process has broken down.

ComReg can only investigate a complaint if the consumer has firstly exhausted an operator's complaint handling process as set out in its Code of Conduct for Complaint Handling.

Provided the issue has occured in the previous 9 months, ComReg will examine whether the issue raised can be appropriately dealt with by this office - i.e. whether the subject matter of the complaint falls within our powers. If so, ComReg will act as an arbitrator between the parties and request the operator to re-examine the consumer's complaint in light of any relevant regulatory obligations.

Once referred, the operator remains responsible for both maintaining contact with the customer and resolving the issue itself. ComReg will monitor progress within this process and once notified by the operator that the matter has been closed, our consumer team will contact the customer to ensure the complaint is resolved.

If ComReg does not have the power to intervene, we will attempt to inform the customer of any appropriate body with whom the matter should be raised.

From UTVs site re contacting them

How to contact us with a complaint

If you would like to register a complaint, you can contact us in one of the following ways:

On-line
    You can send us your complaint by e-mail to complaints@u.tv

By phone
    You can contact our Customer Care team directly on:
    0845 247 0000
    9.00 am - 5.30 pm (Mon - Thurs)
    9.00 am - 5.00 pm (Fri)

A Customer Care Representative will advise you of his / her name, issue you with a unique reference number and acknowledge your complaint on the phone. Our aim is to resolve the complaint to your complete satisfaction. The Customer Care Representative will resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, preferably during your phone call. If this is not possible we will inform you of the length of time we expect it to take to investigate and resolve the complaint.

By letter
    If you prefer to put the complaint in writing, you can send it to the following address:

UTV Internet
    Customer Care Department
    Ormeau Road
    Belfast BT7 1EB

By fax
    If you wish to send your letter of complaint by fax, you may fax us on 02890201203 marked for the attention of the Complaints Department.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Morgoth

Bond-007, I'm in an identical situation at the moment. =) Signed up for their WLR last November and have finally become fed up with still paying eircom the line rental.

I submitted an email complaint last Wednesday and received a response from one of the CS team on Friday. I'll see on the next bill I guess. After that it's a formal letter as jwt said, and if that fails off to ComReg.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well when I signed up for UTV originally it took months before I was paying line rental to UTV. However that isn't important as I was getting the call charges, including the free calls, only after a few days after signing up.

I wouldn't worry about the lie rental part as lone as UTV take over the call charges part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I found this on the utv plc website. http://www.utvplc.com/structure.asp?sub=au&sublk=gms

Click the linky at the bottom

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

From my experience with UTV -
    1.folow their complaints procedure and wait the appropriate time,
    2. Go to Comreg,
    3. Wait the appropriate time and
    4. Go back to Comreg saying that they never responded and asking Comreg to ask again,
    5. Get quick reply which opened up a fruitful discussion thread.

[.cg snipped unverifiable contact details, as per charter]

• Advertisement
Advertisement