Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

car show debate

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

Thanks 69 mustang, as you may have seen in my postings I'm also trying to organise a meeting in Co. Cork and have had a bit of interest but at least you have the population in Dublin. I'm begining to see why everything happens in Dublin! I'd be in Dublin from time to time and I'd certainly go along. I'll keep an eye on the posts to see when its on. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

We may have the population, but funny how most of the clubs and meet ups are based well out side of Dublin.
    Just back from a tang roar of the roads,to give her a bit of a loosen, but it sure would be better to have a set destination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Yea 69, bodywork anyway. As far as I know the only thing replaced is the carpets and interior covers, headliner etc. Spots of rust on the doors and some on the body but aprt from that it's fine. oh, the engine bay needs a clean and I'm considering getting some parts chromed, depends on the bucks.

dubtom left you some details in your Private Messages

Ditto.

I agree - I brought my Gt 1300 Junior up to the Citywest sale & car show in the spring and the car started giving trouble at Naas. As this was a bank holiday Sunday it cost me a fortune to get a tow truck out and have it stored until I could come back to collect it.
    I was charged €50 entry fee for a show I never got to - but in fairness to the organisers they refunded my €50 when I arrived there (in a taxi :rolleyes:)

Still €50 is pretty steep considering that in my opinion very few classics were actually sold there.
    It was only a day out with the kids for most who were only there to look. IMO wives / girlfriends should be banned from these shows. :cool:

Just read the new post on that one this time its free for buyers and sellers :D

Free for sellers, does that mean it 50 quid to look????

Oops meant to put in buyers there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Where does it say there is no charge to enter ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Eric318

Hey I went shopping the other day at Tescos just North of Dublin on the road to Malahide at the end of the M50, they have a GREAT free, covered and lit car park (I even saw a lovely XJS there). May be they close late in the evening...and the beer is cheap... ;) I bet the Mustang would sound awesome under concrete... yeeehaa!

MercMad wrote:
    Where does it say there is no charge to enter ??

The press release in the classic car section. Posted two days ago I think.

Eric318 wrote:
    Hey I went shopping the other day at Tescos just North of Dublin on the road to Malahide at the end of the M50, they have a GREAT free, covered and lit car park (I even saw a lovely XJS there). May be they close late in the evening...and the beer is cheap... ;) I bet the Mustang would sound awesome under concrete... yeeehaa!

A lot of Tescos are becoming 24hrs lately which could be even better But they might not be keen if we are not paying. It worth looking into though.
    And yes the sound of a 6.0L V8 in an under ground car park is amazing.
    Drove to Manchester this year via Holyhead, and Wales has lots of tunnels.
    Told my family to get me Port Tunnel pass for Christmas.

plus we can tell the Misses that we are going to do the shopping... ;) and pretend that the trolley got stolen...

I am starting to like this one!!!

69 mustang wrote:
    Just read the new post on that one this time its free for buyers and sellers :D

I think it's the same as last ones it says no commission meaning pay up either way.
    Guess that's what happens when you speed read. :o

Guys,

There were suggestions of meeting on Sundays at Phoenix Park or at the new mega Tesco's in Clarehall (covered/lit/free car park) on the N1xM50.

How about we do it this week end? I will be there with the Jag (teaser: is this the only Coupé in Eire?) and so will be 2 MGBs (one red, one blue, and I am trying to pull in a white one I have seen also).

Who is game? What time is suitable so that it does not compete with a ball match or some Grand Prix on the box?

Plus if you like beautiful blondes... (now I have your attention :) )

• Advertisement

Eric318 wrote:
    There were suggestions of meeting on Sundays at Phoenix Park or at the new mega Tesco's in Clarehall (covered/lit/free car park) on the N1xM50.
    I'm free Sunday but the weathers not meant to be great if that puts anyone off.

Advertisement