Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DreamCast

Options
  • 11-09-1999 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Saw one in the local shop and while the games looked really cool on the large monitor they had, the console kind of sucks.

$199 for the Dreamcast.
    No games with it.
    Machine will not work on your TV without a special adapter which you have to buy seperately.

The other thing, 56K Modem.. what they should of done is a deal with Cable companies to feed through the cable system.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

I presume you've seen this already Hobbes but for those of you that don't read slashdot, here it is:

slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=99/09/11/1437229&mode=thread

BTW I'm gonna wait for the Playstation 2, it'll have better games anyways more than likely.

[This message has been edited by Karla (edited 12-09-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

Same here, I just don't trust SEGA anymore after that 'Saturn' peice of $hit they dared to call a console, I don't trust Nintendo that much either, the N64 has like what?... 12 games to choose from, ffs. sad.gif
    I hope you can do that link-up thing with PSX2, that would kick-ass.
    I've got two playstations at the moment, but one doesn't work, but when I have it fixed, I'll be able to play Link-up WipeOut 2097, Woohoo!

Have your say at:
    www.gibworld.com/mobius

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

No I hadn't read that. LOL That is so funny. I reckon the Sequence number is proberly the public key to give them a username password.

But I bet the machine doesn't have nuke protection.

Also the machine also run WinCE. *spits*

Actually I would proberly buy a Playstation ($99) for FFVIII when it comes out. Seen the adverts for it, and it's pretty impressive.

What I can see is the machine holding information on what you play/view and Sega being able to pull the information off the machine.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 13-09-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

Final Fantasy? I vowed never to play any of those games again after playing FFVII , three whole weeks of my summer completely wasted smile.gif

Isn't VIII gonna take up about 5 CD's?

I also head the PSXII Is gonnna come out in two different versions, one that plays DVD movies and one that doesn't.
    Not sure about the modem tho.

Advertisement