Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy veg. meals

Options
  • 25-09-2005 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

I've become very picky with my food lately and am having trouble making interesting meals for myself. I've started having noodles with bean curd in chicken stock and soya sauce or chopped tomatoes, broccoli, carrots and sweetcorn with Quorn. I'm desperately bored of what I eat! I eat veg soups too but I need some variety. I'm not the greatest of cooks but I'll try anything. I'm trying to lose a bit of weight as well so low fat meals would be ideal. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 SHAKESPEARE_SIS

Here's a warm salad that you could try in a few minutes ! Its warm butter bean and scallions (spring onions) in a maple syurp and mustard dressing on a bed of lettuce (or any kind of leaves).

Get a can of butter beans and put into a saucepan (including the liquid) and heat them (for about 5 min). Mix couple of tablesopoons of maple syrup and some mustard, some balsamic vinegar, some olive oil and a little black pepper. When the beans are heated, drain the water off them and mix them in the dressing. Add in the scallions and a bit of fresh corriander if you have it. Spoon the lot onto a bed of leaves.

quick, low-fat and mmmmm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=308383

These should keep you busy for a while. :)

Advertisement