Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Car Stereo Interface

• 25-09-2005 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Intend installing some form of interface to my Sony CD Changer Head Unit and in the process getting rid of the changer. I've googled several solutions ranging in price from 59 sterling to 149 dollars !

The important thing is that I can control the iPod (40GB) from the headunit/steering wheel remote.

Has anyone tried these devices ? How good are they? Do they do what they claim - fully ?

This is the unit I am considering.

Any info appreciated.

ZEN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

I have the Alpine Ipod adapter. It charges the Ipod and gives good clear sound, but navigating through the Ipod is time consuming. The volume control is used like the Ipod click wheel, but moving it quickly does not speed up the process. I have the Ipod in shuffle mode pemanently now for convenience and can skip to the next track if i dont want to listen to the chosen track. It is not perfect, but i would not be without it now. Still better then changing cd's

Advertisement