Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music

Options
  • 25-09-2005 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

im thinking of starting music for the leaving cert this year. im in 6th year and was wondering if u think ild be able to do it inm just one year. i know all the basic about music got an a in junior cert, passed grade5 theory abd grade 5 on my instrument. and if i do start is there any leaving book that would be helpful?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

Its most likely do-able if you're musical anway!

The problem may be in having only 1 instrument at grade 5 level though! If you're very skillful at it, it'll be fine! The recommendation is "5 years classroom experiance" so Grade 5 SHOULD do-but if you're aiming for an a, with only 1 instrument it helps to be above that standard!

There are other alternatives to instruments anyway-including a composing option or a (easy) computor programme called sibellius! Talk to a music teacher asap-if your interested it may be one of the easier subjects to take up!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Theory side of the paper would be fine for you.It's the set pieces you would find difficult.It's doable though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Defintely do-able. I did very little work for the theory part of the course and came out with a B1. Its VERY waffely. If you know a bit about music, and the in's and out, you'll be grand.

Advertisement