Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3 main menu-What IS that song?

Options
  • 25-09-2005 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

ok got doom 3 the last day after finally getting myself a kickass pc to play it on ultra with a smooth frame rate so when i turned it on i said id listen to the ambiance on in tha backround when that turned into a semi metal song i became more interested and now i cant get that song out of my head, anyone out there know what it is and who did it?Also anyone know a way to extract it from your doom 3 files on your comp?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Trent Reznor did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

iirc, you can open the .pak files in the doom3 folder with winrar... i could be wrong about that though...

it's up to you to figure out just where the music is stored :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

feylya wrote:
    Trent Reznor did it.

Nope. Reznor doesn't have any sounds in the final version of Doom 3. All the music was composed by a guy called Chris Vrenna I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

could have sworn it was someont like a perfect circle, anyone know a way to extract it from the game without winrar etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Anything that can open Zip files will do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Go to Folder Options
    File Types New .pak = compressed folder and windows xp will open them.
    Should be in the manual who did it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Its a Tweaker track I think. Chris Vrenna's stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Surely it's available to download somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Yup its a tweaker track. Should be available on limewire. Down as Doom 3 Soundtrack I think.

As were on the topic... anyone else think it sounds suspiciously like Tools Triad on the lateralus album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I don't like metal very much but the Quake 2 soundtrack kicks arse. I really wish I hadn't lost the CD.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

As were on the topic... anyone else think it sounds suspiciously like Tools Triad on the lateralus album?

Was wondering did anyone else think that.

It's the whole slow, quite build up, followed by the big blast of the main riff kicking in. Plus the riff is quite similar.

Still good though.

Advertisement