Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terenure

Options
  • 25-09-2005 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Gick

It's great is it not?discuss(this topic exists to bring take people's minds off that god awful topic about.......you know where

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Gick wrote:
    It's great is it not?

No not really. Brady's & Eddie Rocket's are the only good things about it, the rest of it is pretty medioker(sp?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Darcy16

Ohh lets go for a game of rugger, but i don't want to wreck my new dubes, my daddy will buy me a new pair though. After we can have a bottle of heine

Darcy16 wrote:
    ...After we can have a bottle of heine

Heino. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Darcy16 wrote:
    After we can have a bottle of heine

A bottle of ass eh? Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Makaveli wrote:
    A bottle of ass eh? Interesting.

MmMmMMmMmMMm Bottled ass! Drools! :p

Anyways, Yes! It does seem like a nice villiage... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Like i said in the Tallaght thread wats the point.
    Unless it becomes a genuine discussion about terenure, can a moderator please close this thread before it becomes a slagging match/flame war/ hand bags at 10 paces job.

Richie6904 wrote:
    Like i said in the Tallaght thread wats the point.
    Unless it becomes a genuine discussion about terenure, can a moderator please close this thread before it becomes a slagging match/flame war/ hand bags at 10 paces job.

Motion to lock seconded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Gick

you can't lock this thread just cos a couple of losers started talkin bout Ken,yea Eddie's is a good place to go when your bored,never any scumbags hangin round the off licence here like in Templeogue village and there's chartbusters,and Bushy park and a great school.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Terenure College is divided into two catagories of people: people who play rugby and people who don't. I went to that school and the people who played rugby (probably like urself) were considered as the gods of the school. I've nothing against Terenure village as Bradys is a good place to go drinking but don't get me started on the Terenure College.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I get the bus from there every morning, and I don't really like it, to be honest. It's really old looking, and no greenery around. Tallaght isn't great, but one thing I've noticed is that there's tonnes of fields (to go drinkin in, ya say :p) and trees and stuff. Nice.

• Advertisement

swingking wrote:
    Terenure College is divided into two catagories of people: people who play rugby and people who don't. I went to that school and the people who played rugby (probably like urself) were considered as the gods of the school. I've nothing against Terenure village as Bradys is a good place to go drinking but don't get me started on the Terenure College.
    That's the way it should be,people that don't play rugby don't realise the sacrifice that we put in almost every day,staying back for 2 hours in the cold rain and mud,when you goys just go home and sit in front of a fire watching telly,we rugby players deserve any special treatment we get

Gick wrote:
    we rugby players deserve any special treatment we get
    :rolleyes:
    Load of shi'ite tbh, everyone's paying the exact same fee therefore they all deserve to be treated equally.
    Those who don't play rugby are most likely harder working towards their leaving cert,get better results and are probably the only reason Terenure has any reputation of being a good school(academically).So if you think about it, those who aren't playing and are achieving the best results should be treated specially 'cause they're attracting people to enroll in the school, and upkeeping it's "reputation".
    If someones parent's wanted to put them in a school to play rugby, I'm sure they'd choose a better school than Terenure. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

Gick wrote:
    That's the way it should be,people that don't play rugby don't realise the sacrifice that we put in almost every day,staying back for 2 hours in the cold rain and mud,when you goys just go home and sit in front of a fire watching telly,we rugby players deserve any special treatment we get

as far as it goes for you makin a "sacrifice" to stay back and jump around in muck for 2 hours with about 20 other lads "is" "your choice" the people that go home and sit infront of the fire are the ones that are laughin at you lads when u come in with ur colds and flu's, and there are no "scumbags" in templeogue village (i know exactly the crowd you are talking about) there all just little "wannabe" scumbags, "story bud...will ya get us a few tin's?" shower of f00l's they are...

BTW are the people that arent recieving this "special treatment" the one's that are prob doing loads of work in school and not going on about "oh yaa brad it was a WILD try that i scored thy other day...rather!! oink oink!"

Actuallt,studies have shown that people who participate in sports at school on average score higher marks than their non-sporting counterparts,also,if you people laugh at us for staying back and playing,why're you complaining that we're being treated better,but what do you expect,if the principal of the school is strolling past two students in a corridor, one who makes the sacrifice to give his school a better name in rugby,and one who just comes in and goes home without a care who do you expect him to be friendlier to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Darcy16 wrote:
    Ohh lets go for a game of rugger, but i don't want to wreck my new dubes, my daddy will buy me a new pair though. After we can have a bottle of heine

Ah, the original humour continues to ooze out of Boards...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Gick wrote:
    Actuallt,studies have shown that people who participate in sports at school on average score higher marks than their non-sporting counterparts,also,if you people laugh at us for staying back and playing,why're you complaining that we're being treated better,but what do you expect,if the principal of the school is strolling past two students in a corridor, one who makes the sacrifice to give his school a better name in rugby,and one who just comes in and goes home without a care who do you expect him to be friendlier to?

not much can be said for your spelling- the word is actually!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Gick = Owensie

In either case its obvious he's just looking for a reaction. I went to the school it's quite a nice place. As for a good academic record I've no idea where you got that from but that it doesn't have. Don't get me wrong, it doesnt have a bad one... but definitely not a good one.

The school has extremely good sporting facilities and 50+ acres of land in what I'd consider an expensive area to live. Terenure itself is nothing special, its decent enough. Few decent restraunt’s and pub's.

LMFAO @ swingking.......!!

Gink its ur own choice to play rugby but if u feel u need "special Treatment" from your principal to feel better then a few of your fellow peer's well then i suggest that you prove it in your school work rather then your rugby,to be honest if parents wanted to send there kids to a GOOD rugby school would they not choose Clongowes or Blackrock or Belvedere or St.Marys as far as i know most of the irish rugby team come from them schools. oh and the reason that people are prob complaining is because it can come down to a very very simple thing.......its call Discrimination! so if u like your "special treatment" well then every time just remember that when you get your "special treatment" at least 1 of your class mates are being discriminated, but you care so much about sticking up for the people that play rugby and getting there special treatment why not stick up for the people that are being discriminated against, all you are doing is running around a field and you want to be recognised for this?....pffft..

by the way, do you feel like a better person because you play rugby for your school that you can frown apon your class mates? If so then you are a very opinionated,arrogant, stuck up person and i wish i played rugby so i could meet you on the field :D

a few things,swingking that was obviously a typo,not a spelling mistake,Damnyanks,I never said the school had a good academic record I said that on average the pupils who participate in sports score higher marks than the pupils who don't,and Ado I went to Terenure because I live a few metres away from the school,AND because I knew that they would have an above average rugby team,even better with me in it.I never asked to be treated specially,I just don't like how non-rugby players complain about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Someone else said the academic comment. How old are you ? Mabye I know you... I live near enough to the school as well.

• Advertisement

im 17 and in 5th year,''mabye'' you do know me are you in the school aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭air_vent

This is shocking how can people who play any sport expect special treatment.

Is it really no surprise that everybody hates rugby players these generall feelings dont come up for nothing.
    Arrogant gee bags have no idea why they think they are so great not that much of an amazing sport to be honest.

Maybe its because they think they are hard for playing ruggers but there not , thats the crux of their problem.!!!

Oh my god,you idiot,as I just said we do NOT expect special treatment,it's just natural that teacher's will be friendlier towards students who play rugby for the school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Gick wrote:
    Oh my god,you idiot,as I just said we do NOT expect special treatment,it's just natural that teacher's will be friendlier towards students who play rugby for the school

My bro was on the S (senior cup team) in a very prominent southside rugby school. None of the team asked for it, it was jus little things ie. no homework n stuff around match times. While it was his decision 2 play rugby, I can see where Gick is coming form, I mean winning/doin well in the senior cup, ups the profile of the school, and rugby training is really hard work, so a little leeway is ok in my books

thanks a lot Blondie,I deserve some support here,she knows what we rugby players go through,I assume most of you people don't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Gick wrote:
    you people don't

Gick - thats a bit harsh - you people. I know where you are coming from but think you talk a lot of sh** and 'Gick' if from Terenure surely thats the last name you should call yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Downtime wrote:
    I know where you are coming from but think you talk a lot of sh** and 'Gick' if from Terenure surely thats the last name you should call yourself.

LOL

GICK :p i know first hand what rugby players go through. its self inflicted U do it by choice so NO they dont deserve a little leway or special treatment thats pure BS so as some peeps would say 'build a bridge and get over it'

This thread is about Terenure not Wether rugby players deserve special treartment or not. So back on topic please. Terenure is a nice place but like EVERYWHERE it has good and bad areas. Bradys is good the chipper (cant remember name) down from the spar in the village is nice. and they are my 2 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

No probs Gick, seeing how hard my bro trained and how hard he was pushed by his coaches I've got nothin but support 4 u :)

Richie where's the bad area in Terenure?I'v lived here all my life and am yet to find one,thanks again Blondie

• Advertisement

gick - why do all your post's have something to do with rugby? do u think u are special because you play rugby? there is "nothing" special about playing rugby, its just a bunch on unfit over weight people jumping on top of each other.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement