Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hallowe'en Reunion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stiny!

I should be able to make Saturday. You know, provided I don't get a sudden attack of the bubonic plague. If that happens, I might go Sunday. Meh, anytime's good for me. Looking forward to seeing all of you! And I mean ALL of you. Anyone not in attendance shall be pickled. Dave should know what I mean.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Jade Chihuahua

Saturday suits me best!

etc!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Stiny! wrote:
    I should be able to make Saturday. You know, provided I don't get a sudden attack of the bubonic plague. If that happens, I might go Sunday. Meh, anytime's good for me. Looking forward to seeing all of you! And I mean ALL of you. Anyone not in attendance shall be pickled. Dave should know what I mean.... :D

Unfortunately I do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Can I take it this "pickling" is not a good thing then?

not really, no...

• Advertisement

Well, ignorance is bliss so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

But we don't want to be blissful so do tell!

Quiet fool! This may ruin life as we know it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

Saturday deff!!! If its the day before school it's going to be more difficult for non-dubs to attend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

This could end life as we know it

So? Who cares?

• Advertisement

Undergod wrote:
    So? Who cares?
    Yeah! Wait hang on a second, I'd prefer Saturday. Why sayest thou that Bill when thou doth not live in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

If anytong wants to kip in my house of Saturday yiou[]re more than welcome.

You see, shellie posted same time as me. Edited to make more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

Shiney wrote:
    I'll only be able to go if its on the 6th cause i'm not back from Prague until saturday night
    *envy* i love prague, have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

All I've heard about Prague is that its absolutely freezing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Sturday 29th, definitely. Sunday reunions suck, less people can get to them.

Shiney wrote:
    All I've heard about Prague is that its absolutely freezing.
    Freezing in winter, boiling in summer. Continental climate you see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Funkeyhatzrock!

Erm..come again why it's inconvenient not to have the Halloween reunion on the first weekend of mid term? Also you realise the whole idea of halloween is that it's the night before All Saints/Souls Day (sorry can't remember which) so isn't it a little strange to be celebrating it after the whole things over? oh nevermind point being I'd second the 29th idea. I've to work sundays (looks sheepish)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

yes the saturday one, the 29th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Jade Chihuahua

Erm..come again why it's inconvenient not to have the Halloween reunion on the first weekend of mid term? Also you realise the whole idea of halloween is that it's the night before All Saints/Souls Day (sorry can't remember which) so isn't it a little strange to be celebrating it after the whole things over? oh nevermind point being I'd second the 29th idea. I've to work sundays (looks sheepish)

I dont think its meant as a celebration of Halloween, I'd say its more of a way of taking advantage of the mid term break's lack of school type structure, which allows people from all over the country to fit a reunion into their schedule.....or else it isnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I just remembered that I'm doing a play that night so I may not be there.

Halloween is a Celtic celebration of the lives of those now dead. All Saints' Day being the day after was a Christian attempt to outmode it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Funkeyhatzrock!

I'm aware it's a celtic tradition but i felt if i put that up here you'd all give out to me, saying it was outdated etc.

I geuss i just think it should just be called Mid-Term runion rather than using the name of one of the best holidays ever!! I mean Halloween Reunion emplies the costumes/sweets/wild behaviour which fair enough is every reunion but damnit at halloween we've permission!!! and the added task of trying to out wierd everyone else just to prove it's a CTYI reunion makes it all the more appealing!

The 5th is more convenient because it means people can crash with me, and sicne certain people have put a lot up for this, there'll be a reunion that day anyway, whether the rest of you come or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

The first weekend is much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

So - what?

Has anything been decided for definate?

It'll be the 5th. The rest of you can do what ye want, but that's the weekend for an OSA meeting and people to stay with me, so it seems best for the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

I cast my vote in favour of saturday, perferably before halloween...

Yeah, OSA meeting on the 5th, and I think it's overal better for the Mid-Term (for you humourless pedants out there) reunion. THat's the only weekend I'll be available, I'll be acting the saturday before, I may be in the north sunday before, and I'll be in England during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'll be in America for the first weekend. So that weekend has neither me, Dave nor Bill.

Advertisement