Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

study vs homework time

Options
  • 25-09-2005 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

its some juggling act to get both done. some people in my class say that homework is study and others totally disagree.imo-It should be some sort of combination of the two- to do both separately would require more hours in the day. how do others manage it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Homework that involves you to read the book is definately study, a revision exercise is study too.

That being said homework is not a substitute for solid studying which may be in the form of looking at notes and doing answers and so forth.

It's pretty hard for a teacher to designate homework that doesn't encompass a form of study of some description, it'll mostly be revision.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

Just a suggestion on how to approach dividing your study and homework time.

At this stage of the year do not spend anytime studying. Instead do your homework really well, pay attention in class and get an understanding of your subject. This way you will not have to spend hours of time locked away studying. Come to exam time when your revising you will notice that revision will be much easier because you know your stuff and your not just trying to relearn it.

Saying that different approaches work for different people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

It depends on how well you do your homework! Sometimes when I feel really motivated I revise the chapter and then do the homework we are given! If I'm really diligent I will make notes on the topic! That way the homework is done really well and a bit of study is done too :D Therefore homework is study in that context! If however you do what I did with my biology homework yesterday - just do the questions given by taking the anwsers straight out of the book well then thats not study is it! Did I make any sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

3 hours of work

1. go through day thinking classes, helps get mindset
    2. Learning homework for test next day etc
    3. Written homework
    4. Study

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i mix in my study with my homework!! so i kinda get a bit of both done at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

I try to do a miz of the two but i think that homework is more important in general. If I get 4 hours of homework in a night I wont study, but if i get 1 or 2 or something i usually will. Study is important coming up to exams etc. but doing your homwork usually means you will know it ie. not have to study as much later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Regard homework as study, because that's what it is. It's assigned study.

Advertisement