Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Classic car meet in Cork or co. Cork update:

• 25-09-2005 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the replies everyone who replied, next step is venue and time. I want to stress that this not a formal thing, just a meet up to talk cars, find out about cars and car parts and maybe buy and sell them. It may progress to going on runs and car shows here and abroad. All suggestions very welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Well I'm probably the furthest East, (almost on the WD border), and I think there's a KY man here too, so assuming those are the two extremes, how about somewhere roughly equidistant in between that does a good steak? Location of everybody permitting of course...

If you want to bell me J, just pm on your number.

Ryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

Ok Ryan,

My number is 0879864887 if you want to give me a ring or if any one else does. I was even thinking of Youghal, I'm in Cobh myself and I don't mind travelling. I think a roadside location might be best as going into a town might draw a crowd poking at the cars. We also have a few people here with custom cars so road conditions are important.
    Daylight is another problem as winter is approaching so what about a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Thanks Paddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Apologies for the slow reply Junk, I've your number saved for future reference.

Any feedback so far?

The weather hasn't been kind for taking out the TR7 lately, bad news for all the agricultural types who headed to Mogeely for the ploughing...!

No problem Roundy, I have about 12 to 15 very interested so far. Its looking like a Saturday afternoon probably somewhere in east Cork as most people seem to be based around that area. As soon as we sort out a date for it I'll leave a post here. Thanks for your interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

junkyard wrote:
    Its looking like a Saturday afternoon probably somewhere in east Cork as most people seem to be based around that area.

Oops........ I will be in the UK this Fri/Sat bringing back my new Alfasud - but (weather permitting) enjoy without me ...I am sure there will be another time. :)

• Advertisement

Its OK Alfasudcrazy, it won't be on for about three weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I'm still up for this, how about Midleton Distillery or Barryscourt castle?
    Can anyone else suggest somewhere?

Advertisement