Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRL: 1X24 / 1X25 - "Exodus - Part 2 / 3" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

• 25-09-2005 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "EXODUS - PART 2 / 3" -

Episode Title: "Exodus - Part 2 / 3"
    Airdate: September 26th 2005

Synopsis (from TV.Com): [edited]

The castaways who make it onto the raft are surprised at sea by something that unexpectedly happens. Meanwhile, remaining islanders attempt to blow open the hatch that's in the forest. Visiting French woman Danielle Rousseau (guest-star Mira Furlan) becomes a threat to Claire's infant son. Lastly, flashbacks show us all the survivors in the moments before the doomed flight took off.

Next New Episode: 2X01 - "Man of Science, Man of Faith" - Unknown

What did you think of "Exodus - Part 2 / 3"? 71 votes

Excellent!
    0%
    Good
    57%
    mewsoManachMiguel_SanchezWashoutscojonesCreatureChongondaflysunbeampodge3father_ted9t9Cactus ColSauronCatsmokinpotRi_NollaigPeacematrimCaked Karenyom 1Basq 41 votes
    Average
    35%
    gandalfsomatimeoutdigimanvorbisChevano RileyChazweemcdStormfox1020TCamensoiafPacificojayokgrumpytrouserseljonopillsaregoooodbravmik_da_manbeanybBinka 25 votes
    Poor
    1%
    kiss103 1 vote
    Terrible!
    5%
    StarkbadbrianDadeseamoss 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good
    My final episode discussion thread for Irish Viewers for a while!

Enjoy it anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Good
    I loved the finale...despite some other people's reservations about it. I won't say anything else,even in spoiler tags until it has aired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Good
    It was great to see (almost) a 2 hour episode sans the ad breaks, but unfortunately that won't be the case for tomorrow night, but still: Best. Ending. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Good
    I can't wait :D , but then I've gotta wait months till the next season... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

BOOM!

:eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good
    Bleeding legend stuff! When does next seasopn start, cant wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Woot! First after end of episode!

I'm amazed, the last few episodes weren't great, but this episode all the characters were really well written. Charlie found the heroin! Sayid kicks some ass! Good ending setting it up well for next series.

GRIN!

Good
    Ciaran500 wrote:
    BOOM!

:eek: :D
    And on that... i'd like to add that Artz is the feckin' man... how brillant was the rant he went on?! :D

Oh, and expect the new season sometime early next year for all of ye in non-torrent land!

I've a feeling a lot of people will be PO'd at the cliffhanger (what Ain't It Cool News put as "the biggest cock-tease ever!")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

i know what happens</sings>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Caprisun

how do i find out whats gonna happen next?? i need to know whats in the hatch!!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Average
    Bloody Good ending,

Now how long do we have to wait to see what happens next??

Mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Good
    great finale... even after 2 or 3 viewings...

lol, just noticed... in the airport when Hurley is driving the little scooter thing.. the camera passes by 6 girls in sports gear, standing in order with the numbers
    4 8 15 16 23 42 on the backs of their jerseys... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Good
    Yeah, i was just waiting for Charlie to find the heroin. Wondered how long it'd take him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Average
    Whoo-hoo! I am glad to have seen all of the first season. Between this and Battlestar Galactia I think I will do my nut waiting for season 2.

Anyhow, I get the feeling that the episodes were written depending on how well lost was doing in the TV polls. If it wasn't doing as well I'd say they could have wrapped it up there. But alas we've a season 2.

So many questions.

1. The monster is mechanical (did you hear the clicking). Ok, but what was the flying "ghost" smoke bomb?

2. Are they still the Others on the Island - and now they have a boat??

3. Why do they want Walt only?

4. And on, and on, and on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Average
    fúckin cliffhanger bastards.

This is more incentive than ever to get in touch with them "cousins" everyone has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Am I alone in thinking that Charlie may have taken the heroin as a medical supply for Jack? Or is it just wishful thinking cos he's my favourite character (Man of Music!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Average
    I rated it 'Good' as I preferred the end of the previous episode as far as cliffhangers go. I thought this final double-bill meandered a bit too much, and ultimately it left me not DYING to see more which is what a great finale should do.

Overall a good season, but not amazing -- I'll probably get in touch with my cousins this week to start S2, maybe, probably *shrug* :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Good
    Great finish, as TCAMEN said, i wasn't left goin ''f**ckers'' I just a nice sly smile on my face. One thing, Did John call Hurley by his name ''HUGO''? If so did we see John learn his real name in earlier episodes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Good
    And how did the french woman know that the baby is a "HE" not a "SHE" ??

She asked " What is HIS name?"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

jayok wrote:
    2. Are they still the Others on the Island - and now they have a boat??
    It's been theorised that the Others having a boat is one of the ways Ethan was able to come from the sea to kill in the earlier episodes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Good
    Brilliant series! Possibly best series in the past 5yrs on tv! The Reason the french woman probably knew the baby was a "he" was because in the whispers she heard the others saying they wanted "him" as a sacrifice, thinkin they meant him the baby as the child they wanted to take, the fact the kid walt was a "he" too never really crossed my mind till the others turned up at the boat to take him. Nice twist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭koolkat

have you seen the first eposide of season 2 yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

oh my god, so we don't get to see what the monster is we don't get to see what's in the hatch, we don't get to find out who the others are?

that's not an end of a series grrrrrrrrrrr

Good
    koolkat wrote:
    have you seen the first eposide of season 2 yet?
    Please don't discuss it here!

If you must discuss it, do in the "US: 2X01.." titled threads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Good
    oh my god, so we don't get to see what the monster is we don't get to see what's in the hatch, we don't get to find out who the others are?

that's not an end of a series grrrrrrrrrrr

and that deserves a terrible rating? please! people were annoyed about no answers,but it was a damn good finale and a good cliffhanger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Average
    steveland? wrote:
    It's been theorised that the Others having a boat is one of the ways Ethan was able to come from the sea to kill in the earlier episodes

Ah, didn't see that. So if they have a boat then why don't they leave? There must be sometime worthwhile on the Island to keep them there. On another point, was it just me or did the people on the boat look a bit like a bunch of inbred hicks that you would stereotypically see on a film based in America's South? I'm thinking Deliverance here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Good
    OMG
    BOOM!!!
    in ever sence of the word that was freakin amazing it gave you enough to hangon till the next season....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

gibbon75 wrote:
    And how did the french woman know that the baby is a "HE" not a "SHE" ??

She asked " What is HIS name?"...

It was in a blue babygrow :)
    I don't watch this series fanatically, basically because some episodes were just medicore, I think about changing my Monday viewing and they produce really good television.
    The finale wasn't so great, though they wanting the kid came across as very sinsister to me
    I also think the ending won't meet peoples expectations; the questions are only a device to show interesting (sometimes) tales of peoples lives, and while they need to be answered, it basically could be anything !!

I mean a polar bear on a pacific island , there is going to be a "reasonable" explanation for that?

Btw did you see the comic Hurley guy was reading on the plane, nice big pic of ..........? I think the answer lies somwhere in the island manifesting the plane occupants thoughts/memories ; they themselves are determining what happens, what next anomaly manifests itself.

My tuppence worth (maybe I should of read some threads first)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Sleepy wrote:
    Am I alone in thinking that Charlie may have taken the heroin as a medical supply for Jack? Or is it just wishful thinking cos he's my favourite character (Man of Music!)

You might be, but what I was thinking was that he took it for religious rather than medicinal reasons. Remember, before he jetted off around the world with Driveshaft Charlie was a very religious man, seeking counsel from his local parish priest. He certainly hasn't made a very good attempt at concealing the heroin if that's what he was after.

The series finale was okay in my opinion. Nothing too amazing happens.

What's interesting about Lost is how characters that started the series either uninteresting (Sayid, Jack) or as bad guys (Sawyer) have turned out to be good, whereas characters that started the series interesting (Kate, Locke, Charlie) have turned out bad (remember Charlie killed a man).

No way has Kate got Jack's back either. The only back she has is her own (and a lovely back it is too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Average
    I cannot believe... I actually refuse to believe.... that RTE used the *final scene* of the series as their teaser for the finale right before it started. I simply wasnt fast enough with the remote control but I only needed to see 1 second of the promo of the 3 faces peering into the darkness before I knew exactly how the finale was going to end :mad:

As for the Ep, I quite liked the way there were some genuine surprises in the Ep such as Arnst (red-shirted-ensign-boy), and then 'The Others' turning up 15 miles out to sea! :D

I'm starting to think that maybe the others are a collection of people who down thru the years have been drawn to the island, for example, Locke's natural progression could be to become so attached to/enamoured with the island as to eventually become an 'other'.

Nice touch the way the "child/boy" reference was thought to be Aaron(sp?) but turned out to be Walt.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

Good
    tought it was a great episode. like most i was just like "f*ckers" when the show ended. i cant believe rte used it as the promo. stupid people.

though it was class when Locke was about to blow the hatch and Hurley seen the numbers.see the way there was no ladder down the hatch either. it was all broken and stuff.

In the airport was class to how they all passed each other and stuff. the numbers on the cheerleaders backs was a clever little idea. Did anyone else see that when sayid is on the plane before take off, he is looking at a picture of a girl. i think that was Michelle Rodrigez. remember she was talking to Jack at the bar in the airport and had to go when a phonecall came through. It must have been sayid because in a previous episode we saw that Sayid asked Shannon to mind his bags while he went and made a phonecall! Wonder is she on the plane aswell somewhere? be kinda silly as sayid and her should have seen each other by now????

Heart went out aswell when they had to carry Locke on to the plane. i was just like aaaaaawwwwwwwww.

Monster thing is definetly mechanical coz i thought i saw some kind of arm thing when it had a hold of Locke trying to pull him down the hole.

briliant twist with Walt being taken aswell. definetly a deliverance kinda thing happening. if they had a boat, there must be land nearby. altho maybe they built it!it had a engine tho?????

Really hope Charlie wasnt taking the drugs for himself. i mean sayid will only have to see the statue to know something. as will jack and locke as they all know about the plane. think he has feelings for claire aswell and it might stop him going back to where he was

Kate is a cow!never really liked her and no way has she got Jacks back. Even though she seems to have feelings for him, she is selfish!

Overall a great season. it is one of the best tv series in a long time.

Bring on Season 2!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Average

Did anyone else see that when sayid is on the plane before take off, he is looking at a picture of a girl. i think that was Michelle Rodrigez. remember she was talking to Jack at the bar in the airport and had to go when a phonecall came through. It must have been sayid because in a previous episode we saw that Sayid asked Shannon to mind his bags while he went and made a phonecall! Wonder is she on the plane aswell somewhere? be kinda silly as sayid and her should have seen each other by now????

It was Nadia, the one from his flashbacks in Iraq that he was in Australia to find where she was.

briliant twist with Walt being taken aswell.

Was I the only one that could see that coming a mile off, I got it as soon as she said they were after the boy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Average
    The happenings on the raft reminded me of Scooby Doo....if it hadn't been for that pesky kid, they'd have gotten away...

:D

Good
    duuuhhh im so thick bout sayid and nadia! thanks beanyb!!!

poor artz aswell. so funny coz people were saying ere on boards as a spoiler that he was going to play a role next season and the minute he "blew" up, all i could think was "he wont be in the second season". funny aswell when hurley turned to jack and said "you gotta bit of artz on you".
    liked when jack turned to kate and said "if we get through this, we'll have a locke problem" was a good one!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Artz (or however you spell it) is probably going to be in flashbacks. I think I read that somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Terrible!
    As an episode I thought it was good, but as a season finale I felt it fell flat. This should have been an episode mid-way through the season. At the end of a first season, you should be seeing a lot of wrap-up and new revelations for Season 2.

The Battlestar Galactica finale felt the same way, although it was openly acknowledged by Ronald Moore that they ran over time and they'd have to finish 1st season plots during the first few episodes of Season 2. Lost feels like they're going to hold open plot threads indefinitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Average
    Stark wrote:
    As an episode I thought it was good, but as a season finale I felt it fell flat. This should have been an episode mid-way through the season. At the end of a first season, you should be seeing a lot of wrap-up and new revelations for Season 2.

The Battlestar Galactica finale felt the same way, although it was openly acknowledged by Ronald Moore that they ran over time and they'd have to finish 1st season plots during the first few episodes of Season 2. Lost feels like they're going to hold open plot threads indefinitely.
    I'd agree. For an end-of-season show you should have some measure of closure. Not that every loose end gets tied up, but at least some class of re-assurance that the ends WILL get tied up.

Sure, like the rest of the saps around here :D I'll tune in religiously when Season 2 comes back on our screens, but that doesn't stop me thinking that when you invest a certain amount of time in the viewing of a show the viewer should be rewarded with at least some class of answers to at least one or two questions.

All we're left with now is a few more fookin' questions like
    A) Frenchwomen - are they ALL that mad?
    B) Do recent fluctuations in the price of oil affect the viability of boats as a transport means for child abductors in the south pacific...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

looked like a boy ,wrapped in blue also!She also tried to take the baby before so im guessing she would have known!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Best episodes of the season yet. Can't wait for next week so they can answer ALL the questions.... wait... no..... that's it!!!! I have to wait for season 2!!!! :mad:

Although they didn't answer any questions I still think this was a fantastic episode. Everything came together - the numbers, the herion, crazy french woman, the boat trip - brilliantly and was most satisfying. I loved how the flashbacks were handled, showing bits from everyone at the airport. It was fun spotting other characters in the background. I really liked the twist with the others coming for Walt (although it was obvious from the moment that blip appeared on the radar and you see shadows moving in the water). I loved Artz rant about "there are 40 other survivors on this island" and "how have you not lost weight?".
    It was nice to have the "mechanical monster" theory confirmed but what's with the drifts of smoke and shadows that appeared before it attacked? And why did it attack? Why is it there?...... This is where my fustration with the finale comes into things. None of the big questions were answered. Not one. I understand the need for a cliffhanger but they could have given us something. For instance...
    What is the machine? What was in the hatch? Who are the others? What do they want (besides the boy)?
    Instead we got more questions... How do the others have a boat? What is the deal with the numbers on the side of the hatch? Where did that light come from the hatch at the end of Lockes episode? Where did that boat come from?

Can't wait for season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I mean a polar bear on a pacific island , there is going to be a "reasonable" explanation for that?

Polar bears are native to some South Pacific islands. Google it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭assassin_ie

Why did Ethan want Claires baby? Are Ethan and the French woman connected as Ethan must have brought Claire to the French woman after he abducted her?? There is just so many questions

Good
    thats true assasin_ie. the marks on the french womans arm was from claire as we seen she remembered so she must have something major to do with the others. if they considered ethan to be a threat then she obviously must be up there with him.

ya there has to be someone down in the hatch.the light appeared at the end of locke's episode when he was just about to give up so its unlikely it mechanical down there. they must have known he was questioning his faith about it and turned on the light. a machine wouldnt have known when to do that. only my theroy. there could be both!!!! man down there controlling the mechanised monster!!! aaaaaaa cant wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Why did Ethan want Claires baby? Are Ethan and the French woman connected as Ethan must have brought Claire to the French woman after he abducted her?? There is just so many questions

I reckon Rousseau rescued Claire from the Others but then Claire was able to get away from her. Rousseau might have done it simply to rescue her or so that she could then keep Claire prisoner, take the baby when it was born and then give it to the Others in exchange for her Alex (more likely than just rescuing Claire out of the goodness of her heart I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

did claire even tell anyone that Rousseau was there when she was abducted by ethan??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Good
    She only remembered in last nights episode after seeing the scraches on her arm. Remember she forgot everything?

Good
    dont think so coz remember when she was on her own she realised and didnt really talk to anyone till charlie came back with Aaron.

THE PLOT THICKENS!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

I felt very annoyed after watching it last night that after a season of cliff hangers and being teased about things that they didn't wrap more things up in the final episode.

I strange thing occured to me watching last night.... if the show lasts 6 or more seasons and aaron grows up on the island what accent will he have??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Good
    I don't think the French woman was there when Ethan abducted Claire.

I think she was the one who had tried to attack Claire in her sleep.

I doubt that Ethan and the French woman were in any way allied.

I thought Ethan was one of the others but if they were only after Walt and not the baby then does that mean that Ethan was just another lone nut on the island?

Personally I liked the fact that the Other on the boat sounded like he was going to suggest they should all squeal like piggies. It was more unnerving than if he had a standard 'mysterious evil person' voice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Terrible!
    Board@Work wrote:
    I felt very annoyed after watching it last night that after a season of cliff hangers and being teased about things that they didn't wrap more things up in the final episode.
    Absolutely.

And I thought some of the earlier episodes left better cliffhangers.

Personally I felt after the commitment people have given to the show they could have answered some questions instead of asking more. Now all they are doing is stretching one season's worth of concept over two.

Not happy. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Good
    I really liked that :D , but so many things unknown: what the hell is the others obsession with kids... or is it really just with Aaron and the fact that Walt is one crazy kid? What is in the hatch? Did anyone from the raft die? :( What's the deal with the numbers?

It's gonna be damn hard not to read any spoilers :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement