Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TY Trip

• 25-09-2005 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Were looking for somewhere to go in Ireland for a day. Someplace like an adventure centre. Would anyone recommend any were to me. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

A few years ago, think i was in 2nd/3rd year we all went to Carlingford adventure centre for the day.

It was a good laugh. Carlingford is in Co. Louth and doesn't take that long to reach from Dublin.

I would recommend that you try and pursuade the gang to stay over for the night. For about €70 pp, you get two days of activities such as absailing, orienteering, kayaking ect. and accomodation for one night. All your meals are paid for too.

You can also go for a day trip which costs about €40 pp afaik

Carlingford Adventure Centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Carlingford is alright, went there before, but this year we went to Blessington in Wicklow and I think it's better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

K2 :: Killary Adventure Centre - www.killary.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I went to the Carlingford place 3 time (6th class, 2nd year and 3rd year)! It gets old. Although the time that we stayed overnight it was pretty cool.

Tomorrow we're heading off, for 2 nights, to a different place which is apparently very close to Carlingford Adventure Centre. Our Forum Tutor even had to clarify that it was not the place we had been to before. It looks a lot better than the Carlingford one too.

Tain Adventure Centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

there is an adventure centre in dunmmore east.never been though.dunno whether it is good or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

I didn't think carlingford was that good...On Wednesday we're going to some adventure centre on Achill Island. We get to go for 2 nights and if the weather is good...although it doesnt look like it will be...we're camping one of the nights! In a tent! And the activities look good too, if you're into that kind of thing. Which I'm not. But lots of people are really excited so I'd say it's a good place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In fifth or sixth year we went kyacking in Kinsale. It was snowing. My hands were c-co-c-cold!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

We're going to Cappnalea but it's down in Kerry. Should be a laugh though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

if you have a choice try and go to carlingford adventure centre. one of the best trips iv ever been on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

Two of my friends (in different schools) went to Delphi and said it was great fun. Although I heard something about it closing down, so maybe that's not much help...

ehh...well we went to Belfast to the Folk and Transport Museum in September for the day. Not an adventure centre but the Folk museum you get to wander around outside for ages with your friends so it's kinda fun...

Carlingford sounds good though.

• Advertisement

whats in the Folk and Transport Museum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

Well the folk museum is this little town thing set in 18something Ireland and its real buildings and fields and stuff and you have to go around and find out stuff (although most ppl cheated and then just spent the day hanging around with their friends). The Transport museum was kinda boring, we only saw two of the exhibits. There was this flight experience thing and then the guys wanted to see the Dolorean car from Back to the Future. There was other exhibits too such as the miniature trains but me and my friends didn't go to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I agree with jakkass, I'm just back from killary yesterday and its the best place i have ever been! I was in petersburg (also in galway/mayo) and some place in kerry.. but Killary is just so amazing! www.killary.com

;) my advice works like a charm :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

I live in Blesso, dont come here, its a kip.
    Delphi in Mayo is OK.

EFC-4eva wrote:
    I live in Blesso, dont come here, its a kip.
    quality advertising mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 BlueRollingPin

Listen to Jakkass and Limerick Man - The K2 Adventure Centre, Killary is brilliant! There's kyaking, laser tag, gorge walking, high ropes (terrifying but fun) and a lot more - I'd advise you go for two days (three if you can). The hostel SleepZone is really nice, the nicest I've ever stayed in (which has been quite a few). The instructers are really pleasant - My friend got into a raw sausage fight with one of them. Not to mention, the area in general is beautiful! Good times *eyes glaze over as she goes down a trip down memory lane*

You wouldn't perhaps work there?

what are you on about squid??

Oh, I think you know. ;)

• Advertisement

the reason why we mentioned killary because it is a really good adventure centre perhaps =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 snowqueen

yeah delphi in mayo is brilliant and i had such good craic there when i went but its in the middle of nowhere so it takes ages to get there and find da place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 BlueRollingPin

Diarmsquid wrote:
    Oh, I think you know. ;)

Ha! The idea of adventure centres paying young childer to shameless promote the GREAT FUN that you can have at such WONDERFUL PLACES for a BRILLIANT PRICE is absurd. The next thing you'll be suggesting is that major brand names see people as walking bill-boards for there products. Shame on you.

I have nothing to say.:o

you usually have plenty to say squiddie :p

Jakkass wrote:
    squiddie
    Don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

How to say this nicely....

Diarmsquid and Jakkass, can you stop turning every thread into a private, off topic conversation please? In fairness, it's more Diarmsquid than Jakkass.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

from dundalk was in carilingford loadsa times theres a man made ski thing in kildare im told and theres a paint ball thing near newry as well would be good craic tats wat were aiming for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Apple Gal

Diarmsquid wrote:
    Carlingford is alright, went there before, but this year we went to Blessington in Wicklow and I think it's better.

Everything in Wicklow is good!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭kirving

Carlingford definitaly, went there a in second year (im in ty now) but it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

If you want cheap hotel like accomidation, the longest list of events (on par with most places though.. because they all do the same stuff) except Killary does Laser Paintball... to be in the middle of nowhere, choose quality, choose Killary! haha, that should so be there slogan!!
    Oh, and also they actually have stuff to do at night rather then just, 'go..'

Advertisement