Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about stats

Options
  • 25-09-2005 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Do stats save, even if you disconnect mid game? I ask because I was (for once, I'm not great at the game but I love it) on a rampage with the barret. I was on my 8th kill in a row when bang, "there is a problem with your connection"

I have a wierd problem where after 60-90 minutes play BF2 automatically does this regardless of server and I have to restart the pc.

Will my stats from that round save up to the point I was cut off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Pongo

I read somewhere that stats are saved once you play on the server for more than 5 minutes.... Can't remember where but I definitely saw it...

Edit: Here ya go:
    If you have been playing on one particular server for a long period of time and have not been seeing any stats accrue for your account, we suggest playing on an Official EA Server to verify that there are no issues with your profile itself. The easiest way to be sure that you are playing on a legitimate Official EA server, is to make sure that the IP starts with 159.153. After completing a round on on Official EA Server (and playing more than five minutes in that round), check your Last Played Game stat in BFHQ. If this still has not updated, we recommend contacting EA Technical Support. Please let EA Technical Support know the names and IPs of the servers that appear to not be accruing statistics for your profile.

From EA Community update 18/9/05

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah the stats should count, assuming you were playing on a ranked server. The server sends the data to the stats servers at the end of each round.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

So it still saves your stats even if you don't make it to the end of the round?

Mobile, the amount of unfortunate things that happen to you in relation to this game truly boggle the mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

aye, I ran over him in a jeep. then he respawned, tried to shoot me, but killed a teammate, then I killed him again. and IIRC he respawned and I got him once more before I got the flag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    aye, I ran over him in a jeep. then he respawned, tried to shoot me, but killed a teammate, then I killed him again. and IIRC he respawned and I got him once more before I got the flag.

Thats true apart from the teammate bit. You ran over me, correct, I missed a shot with my sniper, and you got me with the mounted machine gun that time.

I was then shot the very second i respawned by yours truly.

I'm not complaining, it happens. Except that Teamkill bit, since I had a sniper rifle and fired only one shot, hitting your jeep, I didn;t even have TIME to kill you, let alone someone on my team

• Advertisement

btw thanks for the help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

yeah, it saves the data.
    I was having an amazing round last night...
    In a frantic firefight and medic healing few seconds, I pressed 'escape' by accident... "noooooooooo!!!".
    I had to disconnect and then I quickly reconnected to the server.
    Sure enough, my stats were still intact :D

Yeah, last night I was on 7 kills in a row - not 8 as I previously said actually btw :o

But I had a perfect spot with the barret rifle, shot down 7 attackers in a few minutes as they tried to attack the furthest flag on the Gulf of Oman, plus a load of Kill assists. As well as that I had not died once, so thats actually rare for me when playing. Was horrifed when I disconnected. I woulda normally reconnected straight away but I have a problem with my game where it won't work until I restart my pc so I just didn't bother...

But the stats saved, saw them this morning, but unfortunately my death streak is STILL worse then my Kill streak, at 7 kills to 8 deaths. :o

Got that beauty of a stat in the TiG one day, kept getting blown to bits with Artillery and just plain played crap. My round stats were something like 3 to 15.

Anyway, thanks again everyone for help, thread can be closed now should a mod be reading. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

some tips:

1) no one likes snipers, they deserve to be hunted down and knifed.
    2) assault ftw!! powerful and accurate kit and the nade launcher rocks.
    3) camp - find a nice area that has good views of flags and some overhead cover - rack up the kills.
    4) don't go runnin around, nothing attracts bullets more than people just running aimlessly around.
    5) keep moving - never stand still.

ps - i think you may have to finish a round for your score to count (might be wrong tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

some tips:

1) no one likes snipers, they deserve to be hunted down and knifed.

Agreed. After you knife them, piss on them too. Then find a tank and drive over their corpse with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

4) don't go runnin around, nothing attracts bullets more than people just running aimlessly around.
    5) keep moving - never stand still.

eh? now im all confused

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

madrab wrote:
    eh? now im all confused

Me too,lol
    Prob ment not to run around aimlessly but with a purpose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

-Don't run around - don't go charging straight from flag to flag.

-Never stay still - EVER, even if your standin still keep poundin your strafe keys.

sup berns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Should be on playin soon :p got few pc problems. Needa reinstall windows again ffs :mad:

Advertisement