Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Announcement] BT Ireland Sucks website is live

• 25-09-2005 11:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

and is here http://btireland-sucks.com/

.....a bit back to the future innit :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dan Druff

Everyone in BT saw this on Friday! We all had a good laugh. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

got more information from that new site about BT billing than from BT themselves :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

well the site is accurate , unlike the bills :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Lmao. Brilliant.

ambrose :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Yeah *very funny* <cough> </cough>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

While I like their broadband service and its great and works well with almost no downtime (maybe 5hrs in a whole year) their billing dept is sooo bad, its such a shame :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Dan Druff wrote:
    Everyone in BT saw this on Friday! We all had a good laugh. :D
    Did anyone in charge see it though, and decide that maybe it's about time they did something about this?

It's a shame that BT have such a poor billing system as other than that they would probably be, by far, the best ISP in the country.

Class website. Simple and to the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

jor el wrote:
    Did anyone in charge see it though, and decide that maybe it's about time they did something about this?

Email them. Their email addresses have been posted enough on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Hooray, it validates!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

jor el wrote:

It's a shame that BT have such a poor billing system as other than that they would probably be, by far, the best ISP in the country.

Class website. Simple and to the point.

Yes, i'm sure BT would take a ****ty webpage (if you could even call it that) as a serious threat to their business, rather than people goes to the PRESS and complaining where loads of people will see it, rather than a couple of people on boards...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭kmurph

Wow, I must be the only BtIreland/Esat/IOL customer who's never ever had any billing issues with them since the No Limits days.

damien.m wrote:
    Email them. Their email addresses have been posted enough on this forum.
    I have, many times. But they don't seem to take any notice. I'm witing till tomorrow when my new bill should appear online to see if last months cockup will be rectified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

jor_el, at least you're lucky enough to get a bill :) 6 months and still no online bill. :(

ambrose :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dan Druff

Originally posted by jor el

BT did take notice, and all the billing issues are being addressed.. with the new billing system up and running, and all the creases ironed out, I forsee an excellent year ahead. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Dan Druff wrote:
    BT did take notice, and all the billing issues are being addressed.. with the new billing system up and running, and all the creases ironed out, I forsee an excellent year ahead. :)

Definitely a triumph of optimism over experience me thinks!!! Is there any chance they might next come up with a new system that wont lose orders so consistently

Dan Druff wrote:

It was sh1te when ye were called EUNET in 1997 or 1998 so why become inconsistent all of a sudden ?

Any chance of a firm date (before 2008 and the 10 year anniversary) when ye wont be sh1te and I'll tell the webmaster over at ..sucks.com so he can add a line of text under the existing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

-snip-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Well, they could only really sue if they could prove beyond resonable doubt that their billing department really doesn't suck. And with the amount of people here willing and able (i assume) to testify that BT's billing department really does suck, i don't think BT would be winning any lawsuits :P

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Lord Oz wrote:
    That's the kind of that could get you sued.
    Adam Beecher

LOL it is good to see that the relationship between Adam and BT Ireland continues to be so strong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Sponge Bob wrote:

a bit, er....

limited.

why don't you put up a mail address for people to send their horror stories into and post them up or something.

a few examples couldn't hurt.

• Advertisement

Dan Druff wrote:
    Hallelujah! It appears you are correct. My bill is showing a double discount this time round to account for the current bill and the missing disocunt in the last one. Only €62* for two months BB, line rental and calls. Pity double discounts don't apply every month :(

*Yes I know I've already paid last month, but it's still nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

My BT bill was available online (and on time) today. :)

vibe666 wrote:
    a few examples couldn't hurt.

I murmered something about this to the webmistress and was told rather forcefully that the server only had a 40Gb hard disk and that <rude words> risk <very rude words> fill up and crash the <rude rude rude and frankly uncalled for words, I'm only the messenger :( > server ..... if people were encouraged to pour their true feelings out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Look again SpongeMuck. Love the solicitor's letter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

damien.m wrote:

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Dan Druff wrote:

Dan, the billing is not the only issue you have there. the outages are long and the speeds appaling. I have to reset my router every few days., With UTV, I never reset mmy Zyxel! The speeds I got with 1 MB were much better than with the 2MB service with BTIreland. Check my previous post and you'll see what I am talking about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

eth0_ wrote:
    Yes, i'm sure BT would take a ****ty webpage (if you could even call it that) as a serious threat to their business, rather than people goes to the PRESS and complaining where loads of people will see it, rather than a couple of people on boards...

What a ridiculous post, by a moderator no less! At this rate we can head to Dublin Zoo to get some of their chimps to give more sensible responses.

The beauty of the internet is that this guy's grievances can be seen by anyone interested in doing business with BT. Anyone who also has problems with them can add their own complaints on the forum he has set up, thus further damaging their reputation.

Secondly, it’s bad PR for them as they don't appear to be responding a customer's complaints. Poor customer service = A badly run company.

Finally, it will make them take action. Probably not legal action but more likely an agreement to settle their differences as long as he takes the site down.

Anyway, I think it's a great site. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Wonder what BT Ire's next step is, given the increasing coverage!

http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/story.aspx-qqqid=8445-qqqx=1.asp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Sponge Bob wrote:

I don't understand this, on your website you're complaining that you were not issued any bills and no money was taken from your bank account.

Well anyone who bitched about this should have checked and actively check every month their statements. I do....you're a fool if you don't.

I'm gonna assume some smart arses are also hoping to get free BB and that BT will forget about them, then bitch when they get hit with a huge bill.

I've got billing issues myself right now...i bundled my BB and line rental and am being charged for the line rental, even though i get free line rental through the household benefits package.

I like wait for my bills to get issued to see how much they've charged me, any error at all i call and call, daily until it gets sorted...hound them...only way.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

damien.m wrote:

He won't be when they launch civil action against him. It's obvious this guy does not know the law or he would never have replied to that letter in the way he did.

Advertisement