Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Announcement] BT Ireland Sucks website is live

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

And trust me...when they send more letters and a court date is applied for he'll bawl like a baby and sign off on anything they send him. You think he is willing to spend thousands and employ a lawyer to save a website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Well anyone who bitched about this should have checked and actively check every month their statements. I do....you're a fool if you don't.
    You're naive if you think that most ordinary Joe Soaps do the same. I agree, everybody should. However nice the theory is, the reality is vastly different.
    I'm gonna assume some smart arses are also hoping to get free BB and that BT will forget about them, then bitch when they get hit with a huge bill.
    Yeah .. that's always on the back of my mind when I read "I just got billed for Eur3,000" posts alright. It's hard to judge how genuine it is.
    I like wait for my bills to get issued to see how much they've charged me, any error at all i call and call, daily until it gets sorted...hound them...only way.
    You/anyone shouldn't have to. It is reasonable to expect your services company to bill you correctly, and in a timely fashion. That's one of the failures being highlighted by the site.
    It's obvious this guy does not know the law or he would never have replied to that letter in the way he did.
    I'm curious what you mean by that? The language used, or the content, or what?

.cg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Well anyone who bitched about this should have checked and actively check every month their statements. I do....you're a fool if you don't.
    This is clearly covered on the website:
    Ok, we should check our bank or credit card statements every month, but who actually checks to see if they're up money, and sets that money carefully aside just in case there's been an error?
    The word 'up' is emphasised on the site, which was intended to suggest that I do in fact check my bank statements, but tend to scan for errors in the other direction. I'd imagine this is what most people do. However perhaps I could have been clearer about this.
    He won't be when they launch civil action against him.
    Twenty quid says they don't. I accept PayPal.
    It's obvious this guy does not know the law or he would never have replied to that letter in the way he did.
    Strictly speaking I didn't reply to BT Ireland's letter, as what you see there was only posted on the website. I did it that way to make the point that I think BTI's way of tackling the issue was ignorant. I'm not sure how my response would be viewed wrt to the law since it's unlikely a precedent exists. I doubt you know either tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Well that is even worse, ignoring their letter and posting a reproduction online?...it was not the way to handle things i assure you. Your actions will only encourage them to make an example of you.

Solicitor's letters have no standing in law, beyond the fact that a letter such as this can be used as evidence of notification. There is no legal requirement on me to acknowledge receipt, or respond. I respond to writs, not solicitor's letters.

Are you a lawyer Richard? If so, would you like to offer some actual advice - negative or positive, I'm happy with either - rather than pour scorn without anything of substance? If not, is there a particular reason you think you know more about this than me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

hey, Adam, guess what.

you're famous!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/03/bt_ireland/
    Lawyers representing BT Ireland have called on the owner of BTIrelandsucks.com to pull the plug on the site claiming it has been registered in "bad faith".

In a letter to site owner Adam Beech, BT Ireland said: "You have no right, title or interest in respect of the name BT Ireland and we require that you remove the website and cancel the domain name without delay."

The telco is also submitting a complaint under ICANN's dispute resolution service because BT reckons the name has been "registered in bad faith". etc. etc.
    except they missed the 'er' off the end of beecher.

keep fighting the good fight!

oh and:
    Ken Shabby wrote:
    Twenty quid says they don't. I accept PayPal.
    I'll take that bet. ;)
    [align=right]13.16.137.10[/align]

vibe666 wrote:
    except they missed the 'er' off the end of beecher.
    I asked Tim to update it.
    oh and:I'll take that bet
    I'll hold you to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

wow... who would have thought it would come to this.
    Saw the article in the SBpost yesterday and couldnt believe it!
    See how eager BT are to complain about something, but not react to complaints against themselves?
    Brilliant work Adam. Keep it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

You know I spotted BT Ireland recruiting for billing developers in recent times. On Recruit Ireland or some one of those. Might be of interest.

machalla wrote:
    You know I spotted BT Ireland recruiting for billing developers in recent times. On Recruit Ireland or some one of those. Might be of interest.
    Someone claiming to be an insider posted in one of the billing threads recently saying that a Siebel system was being upgraded or installed (can't remember which). If true, this is a good first step, however it remains to be seen if this will result in improvements on the ground. And of course the billing system is only part of the problem.

I do hope that the update/install improves things though.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Leatherbelly

interesting site...what service provider did you switch to since your issues with BT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

Brilliant website, the fact you got a letter makes it even more funny:D:D if we only could get a proper service from the uselss teclos in this country we wouldnt have to critise companies like this

interesting site...what service provider did you switch to since your issues with BT?
    I'm looking at hooking up with a wireless operator and blueface at the moment, but I'm still with BT right now. Their service compares very well technically, I just set a little time aside every month now to check they're not screwing up the billing.

Maybe the billing / sales / support departments should poach a few techies.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Leatherbelly

Pity these billing issues crop up cos overall they are quite good...perhaps you should send them in your cv and get working on their billing system!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

brilliant site, ive added a link to it in my site, because i had a problem with bt with their billing.
    Also some user called Dan Druff, was saying in another thread that the billing issues will be solved, so i reckon he was an insider.

Edit: After looking at the forums www.telcowatch.org im amazed how IBB doesnt have a post in the forum :), it makes them look good.

Let the posting begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

erm ... the site is down?? :s

did something happen?!

*edit* telcowatch is down too! wtf?

*edit2* It's been registered :D

zoro wrote:
    erm ... the site is down??
    Daily backup.

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Daily backup.

Don't do that to me ;)

Time the backups for 3am like boards :p

Can't, big client with a stateside client-base, 8am is the quietest time on their forums. I've been sneaking it back gradually... ;)

;)
    You should put that in great big red flashing text at the top of every page :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Its true... their billing system sucks... My parents spent over a year filling out Direct Debit forms and they just could not process them. And so as a result of this and lack of proper billing etc.. they had to send in cheque etc. Anyway one time they did so but the cheque went walk about at their end and no contact until they get a letter telling them they are cut off. even though as soon as they were cut off they called to get it sorted etc and proved they had paid AND the cheque had been drawn... Still over a week with no service.. MUPPETS... that said the actual broadband and phone service is great :D

Advertisement