Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seating

• 26-09-2005 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Was just woundering are you sorting out the seating again at this lan? due to peoples power usage?.... im asking as all i want is the corner i been at for the last 2 lans(bottem floor near the middle) :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

if someone could draw a map of the venue that would be super. Then I can do cool stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Sniipe ur binary joke shudnt it go 01 instead of the other way around as binary goes from 1 up? and 10 would just mean 1 only one type of people in the world???

This has bin bugging me for ages so i just posted it up, im probably wrong though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

his binary joke is correct.

decimal
    binary

i hope im right as we just did binary last week in college.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yip,to remember it if you need to just look at the pattern,taking 4 numbers in length it would be:eight 0's then eight 1's going downwards on the leftmost column.next column four 0's then four 1's.next column two 0's then two 1's until you get to the rightmost coulum which has alternating numbers 0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Evd-Burner wrote:
    Sniipe ur binary joke shudnt it go 01 instead of the other way around as binary goes from 1 up? and 10 would just mean 1 only one type of people in the world???

This has bin bugging me for ages so i just posted it up, im probably wrong though....

If Only You And Dead People Can Read Hex, How Many People Can Read Hex?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Apocalypse101

yip,to remember it if you need to just look at the pattern,taking 4 numbers in length it would be:eight 0's then eight 1's going downwards on the leftmost column.next column four 0's then four 1's.next column two 0's then two 1's until you get to the rightmost coulum which has alternating numbers 0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0

Explained like a true engineer! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that is absolute brilliance lol, i must remember that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

13141013:dead
    +1
    = 13141014 people can read hex?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

a here lads leave me alone here will yez im only in 5th year, and thats not cologe years.... W dont do binary in secondary,i always thought it went 1 3 5 8 16 or something like that.....

Never had any classes in binary and nobody who ive asked knew....

Anybody wanna give me a quick easy example?

sure

0 1010110 11000000 11000111 10

cookie for you if you figure it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

SyxPak wrote:
    If Only You And Dead People Can Read Hex, How Many People Can Read Hex?

DEAD = 57005 + 1(me) = 57006

57006 is the amount of people me and DEAD people can read hex.
    FuzzyLogic wrote:
    sure

0 1010110 11000000 11000111 10

cookie for you if you figure it out.

i always thought that it needed a string of 8 "0/1" to config into a proper letter... maybe i was wrong, but when i put that into a translated it came to

"VÀÇ"

heh. real coders dont use crappy javascript translators. If you'd done it with a pen and paper you would have gotten something better.

seating thread people. I'm glad u enjoyed my sig, I have sig's turned off so I'm sure u all have lovely ones aswell.
    On topic: anyone care to draw a map of anno santo, I can then re-create that map and let ppl click and choose where they sit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

:::nerd Alert!!!:::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Apocalypse101

Caliden wrote:
    :::nerd Alert!!!:::
    Ban him... Ban him good! :p

How accurate would u want this map??

doesn't have to be a mona lisa. just something where a person can point and click where they want to sit.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

How accurate would u want this map??

like this :D

galwaylan.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

seriously thats just stupid.

Sniipe wrote:
    doesn't have to be a mona lisa. just something where a person can point and click where they want to sit.

DooDee can do it.

SyxPak wrote:
    DooDee can do it.
    lmao :-p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

:)

If it doesn't seem in some way techie johns not interested.

Gimme 2 mins

I just can't be arsed, contacted the usual sponsors this morning along with *bumping* a previous possibility.
    Might try some of the bigger fish later.

The hallway at home-home is full of my stuff and the lan equipment, have to find a way to slim it down. JP, you got any bays in Stewie for some SCSI drives? They're mostly 80-pin SCA, but I've one SCA-68/50-pin adapter (another is in holler) and afaik a 68-pin native 9.1Gig drive. They're all 80 or 160, might be a U320 drive in there too.

Upstairs
    upstairs.JPG

Downstairs
    downstairs.JPG

Sorry, these were done in Paint. I'll see bout doing them up in CAD or even a beter plan which would include exact seats and obstructions such as Heators and furniture.

Um, theres a bit o space yeah.

Doodee, thats great, all I need to know is the seating now, for upstairs those tables handle 3/4??
    downstairs, I'd guess 21 overall, but I'm not sure?!?!

B-Man, nice pic, u forgot downstairs, served no other purpose. I will be using a program to put in the places, so accuracy/fancy graphics isn't needed, just an idea of what the place looks like and the spaces for ppl.

I'm off for the rest of the day... bloody 1 class in the morning then back to my place.

Watching Stargate Atlantis; very good program. The techie in it is class.

Upstairs has comfortable capactiy for 20. And laptops get priority up there.
    Downstairs can take ~22 + servers+switches.

Sniipe wrote:
    Doodee, thats great, all I need to know is the seating now, for upstairs those tables handle 3/4??
    downstairs, I'd guess 21 overall, but I'm not sure?!?!

B-Man, nice pic, u forgot downstairs, served no other purpose. I will be using a program to put in the places, so accuracy/fancy graphics isn't needed, just an idea of what the place looks like and the spaces for ppl.

I'm off for the rest of the day... bloody 1 class in the morning then back to my place.

Watching Stargate Atlantis; very good program. The techie in it is class.

deadly cant beat the day off school/college stargate what a class program good luck with the diagram.

SyxPak wrote:
    Upstairs has comfortable capactiy for 20. And laptops get priority up there.
    Downstairs can take ~22 + servers+switches.

Why couldn't u just map that out john?

johns estimates are roughly correct, downstairs holds near to 25 people and computers if laid out correctly. Upstairs wll hold 21 - 23.

I'll give it a go tomorrow. I'm in the mood to do my project now. Thats rare; as I hate study/college work

• Advertisement

can you grab notes for me tomorrow? wont be there, gf's burfday dinner thingum.

You got your project already?
    I still have to register :/

Advertisement