Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown vs Raw 2006

• 26-09-2005 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just read a preview to Smackdown vs Raw 2006. Now, normally I wouldn't get this excited about a Smackdown game since I have been disappointed with every game so far. They never lived up to my expectations. However, this game is promising to be everything I want and more. If you don't believe me, you can read the preview for yourself.

Here is the link:
    Smackdown vs Raw 2006

I'd like to know what all you wrestling, non-wrestling, Smackdown loving, Smackdown hating people think of this new game. I just hope that we aren't let down again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i have loved the last 2 editions of the series so am looking forward to this. i must decide if i will buy for PS2 or PSP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Mohanned

When is it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I used to really like this series but the last few years I've gone off it. Not that the games have been worse, but the improvements have been less interesting each year. It's gotten to the stage that all they do is add a new match type and update the roster and thats about it. Reading about the new stamina meter sounds interesting though, it might just breathe life into the game again.

It really needs something added to the gameplay that makes a fundamental change anyway, they've got the create modes down to a tee and they've got graphics, match types, and the roster perfect, and there's nothing all that wrong with the gameplay, it's just going stale after so many years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭purplemonkey

To answer your question Mohanned, I'm don't know. I can only imagine it to be a Christmas release(not likely) or a summer release next year.

Steviec, all I can do is agree with you on your comments. The game itself has gotten better graphically, in how it looks and feels. The number of moves, taunts etc., available in the game is enormous. However, there are a few things that disappoint me constantly.

1. Why isn't every match type that has ever been done available in the game?

2. Why don't THQ spend 2 years producing a fantastic game across multiple platforms creating mass appeal, instead of making a mediocre game on 1 platform that people are losing interest in at a serious rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

Answers to you question 1. man its simple because you simply don't have that much space on a dvd.

When it comes out I'm definatly getting this game for both ps2 and psp because you can transfer your season back and forth between the two so you can continue it while your on the road. There is also a special legend for the PSP edition who should be trasferrable to the ps2 version of the game once you unlock them on the psp. Have a look on www.ign.com for all the news about this game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

oh wow best go out and but both the PSP and PS2 versions of the game then :rolleyes: stupid developers with their greedyness

Advertisement