Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you use protection?

Options
  • 26-09-2005 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

After hearing some pretty shocking stories of people doing major fire juggling with less than zero protection (they were out of it while fire juggling) and after doing some things myself that aren't what you would call "recommended" I wondered how common this sort of thing was.

So be honest. When you do some fire work (poi, staff, diabolo, whatever) are you super safe, making sure that you're wearing non-flammable, unrestrictive clothes, have a bucket of water by your side, keeping the fuel well out of the way, always shaking off the excess fuel and so on, do you take a few precautions, perhaps some water near by, or do you purposely hit yourself on the head before beginning biggrin.gif?

Any stories of burning, injury and/or mutilation through fire juggling that you have would be well received.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Spodo Komodo

Well i know a guy who somehow managed to wrap a fire poi around his head!..yeah...
    Put if out quick enough though. He was left with a big black patch on his forehead. hehe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Richard W

I set my hair on fire a few months ago but other than that nothing's really happened to me. Didn't notice it was on fire til I saw my reflection in a window. Was wondering why everyone was pointing at me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I think there's gonna be a fire show in trinity sometime soon come there and you'll get to see your fair share of people being set on fire etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Richard W

Yeah I heard there's one on during freshers week. Should be a lark.

Advertisement