Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gizmondo!

Options
  • 26-09-2005 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone bought one yet? Argos have them for 185.99.

It has a 400mhz processor, 128bit graphics, games feature bluetooth gaming, and it runs some kind of OS, of which I can't remember.

Pretty impressive for the price. Also, added to this, it has sms/mms/call functionality. So it's really like the new N-Gage. But at a really good price given its brand new and it has graphics that outstrip the Nintendo DS easily and comes close enough to the PSP. Here's a screenshot from Colors, a gang warfare game.

Seriously thinking of getting one....

926563_20050518_screen001.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anyone bought one yet? Argos have them for 185.99.

It has a 400mhz processor, 128bit graphics, games feature bluetooth gaming, and it runs some kind of OS, of which I can't remember.

Pretty impressive for the price. Also, added to this, it has sms/mms/call functionality. So it's really like the new N-Gage. But at a really good price given its brand new and it has graphics that outstrip the Nintendo DS easily and comes close enough to the PSP. Here's a screenshot from Colors, a gang warfare game.

Seriously thinking of getting one....

926563_20050518_screen001.jpg

Doubt it will have much support from developers though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

hardly any developer support its counting on homebrew stuff to survive and I think i read somewhere that its gone or going out of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Like the others said, there doesn't seem to be a lot of support for it. Also, there's a "widescreen" version coming out next year (to rival the PSPs screen I think) - so you might like to wait.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just wait til they are being discounted and pick one up then, pity there isn't a cash converters anymore, they would have been like a main dealer in such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

with any luck, it'll go GP32 and thrive on homebrew/ports, and there *might* be a couple of big name franchises at release, and that will be that.

without... think of it as a portable Atari Jaguar :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Advertisement