Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting new cue

• 26-09-2005 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭

Ok my old pool cue got nicked :( and i'm looking to get a new one, what kinda price should i expect to pay for a good one and what should i look for?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

you can pay anything from €30 right up to €400 odd, it all depends on what type of wood and weight you want, basically you just try out a load of cues and pick whatever one feels right for you height/wight/varnish wise

my own cue is a nice heavy 12 ounce cue thats cutom weighted to allow me to use the weight of the cue more than my arm, that lets me put a good bit of power into the cueball when i need to screwback up the length table, so i suppose it all depends on your playin style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I got a new 4 piece snooker cue in the Riley shop last week. I went for a heavy que (19 ounce) because it suits the way i play, it was nearly €90. Your best bet as raptor said is to just try out different cues til your happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Where in Dublin is the best place to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Thanks for the help :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

The best place to go in Dub, or only places really is either EJ Riley on Marlborough St. (off Eden Quay) or Brennifers on Capel St.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 kika_j

one thing to look out for is the solidity of the cue (i.e. the non flexability). If you buy a really cheap cue its most likely gona be made from wood which has not been left to dry out long enough. Wood is supposed to dry out over several years. If this is the case you get whats called a "whippy" cue. When you strike the white the tip of the cue vibrates. In a good cue this should not happen. You should be able to strike the white and have the head stay still.

Well thats my two cents. Hope you enjoy choosin yours as much as i did mine. The guys in the riley shop are pretty damn good. I met the manager a few times cos my cue was warped when I bought it (in no part their fault) and they were excellent in sorting everything out.

Advertisement