Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your next bike?

Options
  • 26-09-2005 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

After doing 2 camping tours on my Trek 4300 (1019x432 at 164 kb) I think my next bike will be a real touring bike - probably something like a Trek 520 - for my next tour (I want to do the Camino de Santiago).

What are you guys planning to get next (be it next week or next decade)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Somewhat relevant: I've uploaded pics from my trip - see http://blogs.boards.ie/trojan/2005/09/27/flickr/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭kas

Trojan wrote:

Ironically my next bike will be a Trek 4300 (or it's replacement) with disc brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Come looking for me - I'll give you a 2nd hand but handsomely upgraded 4300 if you finance my tourbike ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

For me it'll probably be a fixed gear road bike. Either a complete bike from On-One or an old Raleigh Dynatech I have lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Definately a treck not sure what model yet but one with adjustable front fork suspenstion :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 murphydh

wanna get the new iron horse.Its sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Got my eye on the 2006 Specialized Rockhopper Disc...

Will probably keep my current bike which is a 2001 Rockhopper A1 FS, unless anyone wants to make an offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

If the skate park in bushy park is built I might get me a nice Bmx as my other bike might be a tad bit huge and heavy for a skate park

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I have a mc neill duece duece 22 inch top tube bmx.I built it up from scratch using pro parts and some parts from my haro mirra 540 air.Its the only one of its kind in the country.All in all it cost me 900 euro to get it to what it is now and there are still more parts I want to upgrade...a friend of mine built up a bmx also and he spent 1200 euro on it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

When I get enough money together I plan to get a proper urban bike - something with hub gears, light frame, reasonably narrow handlebars, and puncture-resistant slick tyres.

Getting one in a 23" (or bigger) frame could prove tricky though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Well if anyone is selling there bike, let me know how much and ill take it off ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oh and im getting an Giant Ocr 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Trojan wrote:
    After doing 2 camping tours on my Trek 4300 (1019x432 at 164 kb) I think my next bike will be a real touring bike - probably something like a Trek 520 - for my next tour (I want to do the Camino de Santiago).

Hi Trojan,

Do you know a dealer who can definitely get you a 520? I'm interested in the 2006 model myself but the local dealer rang up the warehouse and they say they've never had one to sell. It's listed on the UK Trek site is all I know.

Cassiel

Advertisement