Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russian Ten Rouble Note

• 26-09-2005 12:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

i have a few russian ten rouble "credit notes" dated 1908,they're in pretty good condition,no tears,staining or crease marks,any idea of value?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

They are on sale here for about $9 each, not sure if anyone in ireland would put value on them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

Used to be able to get them back in the mid 1990's for about £2-£4 each in Georges Street Arcade.

They are piles of them around. The Aristocrats took a lot of these with them when they emigrated. They did'nt exactly keep their value though, something akin to the Weimar Republic happened to Russia during World War I and afterwards.

But they are beautifully engraved notes, and far superior to anything printed by the Irish, English or Americans in print quality for their time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I agree,they're beautifull notes for thier age.I also have some geraman banknotes from the time of the great inflation,100,000 marks and 10,000 marks,the size and quality of them is just amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

When you see that, and then see the likes of the Euro, you begin to see the difference in artistic quality. I think money should look good. The Euro is bland, and a 5 year old kid could have done a better job than Robert Kalina. Bloody awful one dimensional pieces of badly designed ****. No wonder prices rose after they were introduced, cheap paper, and worse design.

The coins are grand though.

Though, I suspect that the current Euro series is provisional. Hopefully the ECB are preparing a better looking second series.

Advertisement