Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis Leary at the Point

• 26-09-2005 1:56pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else go to this gig? Was class. Loved his new version of the Asshole song :) Very funny and his 2 friends were excellent too. Especially Patrice O'Neill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Well if the asshole song here it would belong in the humor thread :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I was at the gig too, and tbh, I didnt think he was that good. I have been a Dennis Leary fan for a long time now, and I was hoping to see some new material. Unfortunately, the only new stuff I heard was the extra two verses of the asshole song. He was also blaming the jet lag for forgeting which gag was next on his list etc., which was quite poor for someone who makes his money at this. I know the night was billed as "Dennis Leary and friends", but they really took that literally and he was basically the MC for the other two guys, Patrice O Neill, and Dane Cook. I thought Patrice was ok (he should have finished the "Mike Tyson is innocent" gag 10 minutes sooner imo. Dane Cook was better, and got quite a few belly laughs from me. If I were someone who just wanted to see Dennis Leary, and was familiar with "No Cure For Cancer", I would have been pretty unimpressed.

Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Leary is brilliant... always has been from the day he started. Asshole song is legandary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

He's a thief. He wouldn't be where he is today without Bill Hicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

Really enjoyed the show, but some parts could have been better..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

he should have been on for longer, tbh

i enjoyed it, but it could have been so so much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

he should have been on for longer, tbh
    I agree Wholeheartedly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Leatherbelly

He literally acted as MC for the night! Patrice and Dane stole the show, Leary couldn't even remember his gags.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Highlight of the night was Dane Cook, denis was ok, patrice was good but he held on to the same jokes for too long.

I really want a monkey ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Leatherbelly

Know of any other good comedy gigs coming up in Dublin?

• Advertisement
Advertisement