Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scoring points...

Options
  • 26-09-2005 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

How do the points break down please - anyone?

Everytime I play Spec. Forces, I destroy radar, UAV, arty, and always get crappy teamwork points!?! Whats that about?
    So how do Spec. Forces get good team work points?
    How do assault get good teamwork points?
    How do snipers get good teamwork points?
    (I understad the medic and engineer)

How many points to a kill etc.?

Thanks in advance...

oh, and one more thing: how many points till my next kit unlock? I got one at 1000points, and I was expecting the next one ate 2000, but alas...
    (please don't say it's 10000)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Zulu wrote:
    How do the points break down please - anyone?

Everytime I play Spec. Forces, I destroy radar, UAV, arty, and always get crappy teamwork points!?! Whats that about?
    So how do Spec. Forces get good team work points?
    How do assault get good teamwork points?
    How do snipers get good teamwork points?
    (I understad the medic and engineer)

How many points to a kill etc.?

Thanks in advance...

oh, and one more thing: how many points till my next kit unlock? I got one at 1000points, and I was expecting the next one ate 2000, but alas...
    (please don't say it's 10000)

10000 points until next promo....
    Team work points are based on neutralizing, capturing and defending flags, reviving and healing team mates, resupplying team mates, and repair team mates vehicles and commander assets.

Spec ops get nothing for destroying comm assets (although this will be changed in the up and coming patch with will be out in 2009).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

kill - 2 pts
    kill assist - 1pt
    graying a flay - 1 i think?
    capping a flag - 2??

flag caps are weird as they depend if your in a vehicle or who gets to flagzone first.

defending a flag by killing an enemy in a friendly zone gets ya a point.

medics/support/engineers get pts for handing med packs/supplies and repairs.

the only way for snipers/assaulters & spec forces to get team pts is capping flags defending them and assisting with kills (which tbh is fine). The patch which is due out shortly will give spec forces pts for taking down commander assets.

commander pts ?? who knows its a bloody mystery to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

thanks guys. making sence now.

Any idea when the next kit gets unlocked? Please tell me it's not promotion based?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It is promotion based. You get promoted to Corporal around 10,500 points, at which you get your next unlock. I'm working towards that now (and have been for ages). I have about 6000 points :/

I picked the spec ops unlock when i got promoted to lance corporal, which was a bit stupid since I usually play the supporting classes (engineer, medic, support). I think I'll unlock the support machinegun next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im closing on 19k that leaves me with just over 6k till my next unlock, im probably going to go for the m95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Keyzer wrote:

Spec ops get nothing for destroying comm assets (although this will be changed in the up and coming patch with will be out in 2009).

I hope this will be countered by the engineers getting more points for fixing same . You can blow them up in a few seconds , but it takes ages to fix them . If spec ops got one point for each , and there is five assets , well you won't get five repair points for fixing them at the moment , so I hope something is done there or no one will be interested in repairing .

jonski wrote:
    I hope this will be countered by the engineers getting more points for fixing same . You can blow them up in a few seconds , but it takes ages to fix them . If spec ops got one point for each , and there is five assets , well you won't get five repair points for fixing them at the moment , so I hope something is done there or no one will be interested in repairing .

Couldnt agree with you more.
    Funny how they sorted out the deduction of points thru team damage/kills, yet never really thought about giving points for anything other than kills and flags etc.....

Although if the commander isn't a muppet, he will be smart enough to drop supply crates around destroyed assets to speed up repairs.

Stephen wrote:
    Although if the commander isn't a muppet, he will be smart enough to drop supply crates around destroyed assets to speed up repairs.

True, but I always find it a waste of supplies.
    Whenever I have played as commander no-one has ever fixed the arty or comm assets. However, If I ask for a volunteer to go and blow up the opposition teams comm assets a rce then begins between 5-6 people wanting to get their first. Dumbasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Keyzer wrote:
    True, but I always find it a waste of supplies.
    Whenever I have played as commander no-one has ever fixed the arty or comm assets. However, If I ask for a volunteer to go and blow up the opposition teams comm assets a rce then begins between 5-6 people wanting to get their first. Dumbasses.
    Thats so true - the amount of times I've had to suicide and go back as an engineer myself. No one ever wants to fix them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What are you talking about? Waste of supplies?

If you drop supplies within three or four feet of destroyed assets they are instantly returned to functioning capacity.

You dont need an engineer.

Zillah wrote:

If you drop supplies within three or four feet of destroyed assets they are instantly returned to functioning capacity.

And what about the dudes capping a flag who need the supplies?
    The engineer kit is there for a reason, for people to fix things.
    As the guy says, I either end up fixing it myself by respawning as an engy or wasting a supply drop on fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Keyzer wrote:

And what about the dudes capping a flag who need the supplies?
    The engineer kit is there for a reason, for people to fix things.
    What about the guys capping a flag and need a UAV to show them whats coming, or arty to attack a flag.

The support class is there for a reason, as is the medic class, to supply and heal people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Zillah wrote:

The problem there is that the spec ops will wait around for the supplies to drop and rearm themselves , plus the amount of time it takes the supplies to recharge leaves your team without for awhile and that time can be important.

Arabel wrote:
    What about the guys capping a flag and need a UAV to show them whats coming, or arty to attack a flag.

The support class is there for a reason, as is the medic class, to supply and heal people.

Exactly, the kits are there for specific reasons.
    Why waste supplies on fixing things, when as jonski says, some spec ops hang around to rearm from the supplies you just dropped and blow it all up again? If you think that makes sense then don't go commander when I'm playing with you...

The problem is (on public servers anyway) you can never rely on people to fix the commander assets for you. I know most times I've been commander and requested repairs, nobody has bothered their hole to do it.

Advertisement