Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blueface & Linksys

• 26-09-2005 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

I saw Blueface was doing on a promotion with ENN in relation to a survey and offered a Linksys router as a prize and it was implied that this router supported VoIP. I just looked at Blueface's web site and can no longer find any information about equipment. Is there a Linksys VoIP router that's available here now?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yes the Linksys WRT54GP2 ATA/Router/WiFi, its available from blueface for 125e, it can be bought from https://www.blueface.ie/purchase/purchase.aspx

I think it would be handy if the had a equipment page giving more detailed specs on what hardware they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

And it is so purty. Works really well.

MrP

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'll probably be selling my Sipura 2100 ATA and getting one, much handier then a ATA & seperate router :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Anyone else selling them for less than €125 delivered??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I was trying for quite some time to get a hold of one. They are not that easy to get. I have heard that beltronics can get them in. They are kind of trade only but I think if you give them a / your company name you can just pay cash when you collect.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Anemone

MrPudding wrote:
    And it is so purty. Works really well.

MrP

I have had some problems with the WRT54GP2, on the WiFi side. The wireless card on my laptop was having trouble making a WiFi connection when WPA was enabled, and even when it had a connection, it often dropped it. I contacted Aaron about this, and he gave me a Linksys firmware update. That fixed it. Blueface Gold Standard technical support strikes again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Anemone wrote:
    I have had some problems with the WRT54GP2, on the WiFi side. The wireless card on my laptop was having trouble making a WiFi connection when WPA was enabled, and even when it had a connection, it often dropped it. I contacted Aaron about this, and he gave me a Linksys firmware update. That fixed it. Blueface Gold Standard technical support strikes again!

What is the latest firmware for the WRT54GP2 as the www.linksys.com site doesnt appear to have any to download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Anemone

I think Linksys mainly intend to sell the WRT54GP2 through telephony providers (Blueface, Vonage etc.) rather than direct to the public. This probably explains why they don't post the firmware updates on the Linksys web site.

The firmware I got from Aaron a few weeks ago is 1.29.00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Anemone wrote:
    I think Linksys mainly intend to sell the WRT54GP2 through telephony providers (Blueface, Vonage etc.) rather than direct to the public. This probably explains why they don't post the firmware updates on the Linksys web site.

The firmware I got from Aaron a few weeks ago is 1.29.00.

They are readily available from their distributor here, my firmware 1.20.01.

Is your firmware branded for Blueface? If not would you be able to email it to me?

Advertisement