Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting Metallica - Am i the last one left?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nebuchadnezzar

Fight Fire With Fire is an outstanding song! It kicks the hole off Enter Sandman!
    Yes! That man knows wot hes talking about!
    Fight fire with fire: fan-frikin-tastic

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Good first post,welcome (:

''Supporting Metallica - Am i the last one left?''

I listen to their first four albums now and again.I don't care about supporting people,I listen to what I like and the band is not important etc.
    If you still like them,fair enough,It's your decision but IMO they are pretty pants now.Yes,i said pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I still like them, saw them live a year or two ago, great concert.

But it doesn't change the fact that their new stuff is a lot more pop. You can't call it metal and because of it it's hard to coin Metallica as a serious Metal band.

I tried ot convince myself that because it was "One of those" conceptions it probably wasn't true, but their new stuff really isn't as good, I'm afraid.

There's a couple of nice songs like Fuel, Memory Remains, and a couple of semi-decent songs off St. Anger, but they're more like half-a-songs and the style is nowhere near as good...

And I'd hardly call Load and Reload "expiremental". It was Cock Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I bought KEA when it was first released on vinyl and bought every album up to reload.

St Anger imo is just terrible.The sound of the snare drum alone is enought to make me feel ill.

They are a fanastic band live,or at least they were.Its a while since I`ve seen them live.I saw them for the first time out in the Top Hat in Dun Laoghaire years ago and they were fantastic.

I only watched the Some Kind Of Monster dvd in the last few days and thought it was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Switchead

Everything Metallica have done has been a risk, and I for one support them, a band who dont just realise the same crap on every album every 3 or 4 years. I dont care if the last record sold 3 to 4 million copies, or 100 million copies, change is good!

And just one more thing, to all those who keep attacking Metallica and slagging them again and again and again, if you really hate the band, dont turn up to their gigs and dont buy their records and leave their real fans alone. at 60 euro a ticket and thousands in attendance, metallica cant have pulled a 'fluke crowd' 2 yrs running.

hahahahaha!!! ok everyones entitles to their own opinion, but to say that EVERYTHING metallica has done has been a risk is entirely and completely ludicrious. OMG!!, unless of course you consider toning down your music to appeal to the masses(ie the balck album) a risk.

Not to mention their pathetic, "ohhh, lets jump on the band wagon", approach to St.Anger... That album was a miserable attempt to keep up with the appauling nu-metal scene that was around...oh yeah the change is 'real' good...

And another thing, i for one constantly slag and attack metallica with good reason(i mean havent you seen SKOM), and i havent gone 2 ne of there gigs and have point blankly refused to buy their last few albums(not that i havent heard them by the way), how is that an attack on metallica's 'real fans'?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

And just one more thing, to all those who keep attacking Metallica and slagging them again and again and again, if you really hate the band, dont turn up to their gigs and dont buy their records and leave their real fans alone. at 60 euro a ticket and thousands in attendance, metallica cant have pulled a 'fluke crowd' 2 yrs running.

Speaks for itself. You are intitled to ur opinion, but to be honest, i seen a lot of people stand and abuse metallica in the rds over two years running. i asked myself, why, somone would pay 60 euro to abuse a band? Furthermore, metallica took risks in the sense that they COULD have kept producing music like Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets era until the cows came home, but they decided (like Megadeth also did, like Anthrax also did) to branch out and take a risk with their sound and their music. Just because they toned down doesnt make them sheep, appealing to the masses, but it does say they werent prepared to be level headed and not stuck in the past. Sure even Motley Crue's music has moved on with experimentation in different genres along the way.

Advertisement