Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

grey's anatomy

• 26-09-2005 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

Saw an add for this programme, its on living channel tonight at 10pm. Its set in a hospital, said its a mix between scrubs and ali mc beal. AND it said it beat LOST in US ratings!!
    thats mad!!
    has anyone here seen it? is it as good as it says?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Its not as good as Lost,but then again they are different types of shows. Its been on a few weeks already but,yes,it is very good.

It has been mentioned here already as well....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304415

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Its not as good as Lost,but then again they are different types of shows. Its been on a few weeks already but,yes,it is very good.

Grey's Anatomy and Lost are SO different but equally as good in their own right. The ratings quote is silly and completely out of context as they don't compete for the same viewers, and they don't even air on the same night. I hate stupid reviews with hyperbolic claims like that. /end rant

Back to Grey's -- I don't know why Living waited so long before they started the big promos with review quotes etc. They could've gotten UK reviews in before they started and hyped the launch properly.

As for OP - pity you just missed the marathon recap of the first 4 episodes yesterday on Living!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

TCamen wrote:
    Grey's Anatomy and Lost are SO different but equally as good in their own right. The ratings quote is silly and completely out of context as they don't compete for the same viewers, and they don't even air on the same night. I hate stupid reviews with hyperbolic claims like that. /end rant

good point, fair enough. sorry about that.
    i do realise they are totally different shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

good point, fair enough. sorry about that.

Heh, that rant wasn't directed at you, but whatever 'journalist' came up with the ludicrous quote that Living are using with the 'Beats Lost in TV Ratings!' bit. It's inaccurate to say that, so that's what annoys me :)
    do realise they are totally different shows.

After last night's "Lost" S1 finale, I'd choose "Grey's Anatomy" every time in a direct competition, because it at least respects that there's give and take involved in building viewer loyalty, not just endless carrot-dangling. (Also, I'm solely making a point based on S1 of 'Lost', so any bit-torrent S2 viewer, sshh :rolleyes:)

Advertisement