Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mizuno runners

Options
  • 26-09-2005 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Where in Dublin would one find Mizuno runners?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Mick Dowling Sportswold in Terenure, or Arnotts perhaps. If you know your size have you thought about John Buckley Sports, or another internet site, some bargains can be had

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

john buckley isn't great for mizuno, but will order them in, neither is Mick dowling but he does have a couple of models, and will also order them. I did get my wave riders off him and have been very happy with them.
    Arnotts don't normally stock mizuno.

Your best bet may be online in england, I have some links if you want them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭martinl

daveym wrote:
    Your best bet may be online in england, I have some links if you want them..

daveym,
    Did you ever order running shoes online?
    And if so what was your experience like?

Over here in Ireland/Dublin I find it sometimes relative difficult to find proper
    running shoes, as you say Arnotts & Mick Dowling have a reasonable good choice,
    at the same time it’s relative small in comparison to shops I know in even small towns at home in Germany.

Was thinking of ordering online before, at the same time what if the shoes don’t fit it’s just hassle posting them backwards and forwards.

martinl wrote:
    daveym,
    Did you ever order running shoes online?
    And if so what was your experience like?

Over here in Ireland/Dublin I find it sometimes relative difficult to find proper
    running shoes, as you say Arnotts & Mick Dowling have a reasonable good choice,
    at the same time it’s relative small in comparison to shops I know in even small towns at home in Germany.

Was thinking of ordering online before, at the same time what if the shoes don’t fit it’s just hassle posting them backwards and forwards.

i have with good results but would only order a shoe that I know more or less my size in, eg I know in mizuno I am a 9 so would feel comfortable ordering a nine in their shoes unless I heard a certain model sized large or small..

Your other option is to go to some of the races that are on, there is often a van from nike or a shop has a stand, or the marathon expo at the end of the month will have a great selection of shoes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭martinl

daveym wrote:
    i have with good results but would only order a shoe that I know more or less my size in, eg I know in mizuno I am a 9 so would feel comfortable ordering a nine in their shoes unless I heard a certain model sized large or small..

Your other option is to go to some of the races that are on, there is often a van from nike or a shop has a stand, or the marathon expo at the end of the month will have a great selection of shoes..

Would probably order Asics, as most of my running shoes of the last few years were Asics and as you say I know my shoe size and it fit snug, I know it’s a good shoe for me.

The “race going” option is a very good idea, might go to the Dublin Marathon show.

daveym
    Can you pass on the links you mentioned? Cheers

• Advertisement

martinl wrote:
    Would probably order Asics, as most of my running shoes of the last few years were Asics and as you say I know my shoe size and it fit snug, I know it’s a good shoe for me.

The “race going” option is a very good idea, might go to the Dublin Marathon show.

daveym
    Can you pass on the links you mentioned? Cheers

startfitness.co.uk (good for asics)
    sportsshoes.com (15% off sale on at the mo)

or check out runnersworld.co.uk, they have a partners link down the side
    and all those shops have a decent enough rep - except bourne sports, don't
    order from them!!

on the asics, be careful, the nimbus I got this year are a little more snug than last..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

have you tried satellite sports in the stephens green centre??

Advertisement