Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I agree with my one week ban and i know what i got myself into when i sponsored someone,but after serving the week ban i should be able to make a decision if i want to continue the sponsorship.The Improved system would work better,again ill add to devore's post in saying the football mods are doing a great job i agree fully the soccer board is the best forum on boards for me , and this is the reason i dont want future muppetry preventing me from reading and posting , you do the crime you do the time.But surely i should be able to say look i dont want to back this guy anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

The only reason you, or anyone, would feel the need to revoke a sponsorship is if the person you sponsored got banned resulting in a banning for yourself.

You know the "risks" when you sponsor a user, its up to you to live with them. You're not forced to sponsor people. If you choose to do so and they act the maggot then its just something you'll have to learn from. You could easily ask the person you sponsored not to make a complete tit of themselves and you and maybe they'll think before they post in future.

The ability to revoke a sponsorhip cheapens the whole system and may result in more people sponsoring users who may not be good for the forum, if they know they can just take a weeks ban and then say "Ah uhm, yeah, I don't want to be his sponsor any more".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Pighead wrote:
    The system is slightly flawed also given the fact everybody thinks Pigheads a tosser.Poor Pigheads tried and tried in vain to get sponsored but invariably gets blanked or taunted.Surely a system could be put in place where posters who have kept there nose clean for say 6 months automatically get entry into the forum.I feel as though i have enough knowledge on the beautiful game to be a worthwhile contributor.Sadly however it looks like the Pig will never enter the Forum of Dreams

And my theory that anyone who refers to themselves in the third person is a tosser garners more supporting evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Potm ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

mycroft wrote:
    And my theory that anyone who refers to themselves in the third person is a tosser garners more supporting evidence.
    Personal abuse,off topic and most importantly wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Amz wrote:
    The only reason you, or anyone, would feel the need to revoke a sponsorship is if the person you sponsored got banned resulting in a banning for yourself.

Eh, surely if someone gets permanently banned from the Soccer forum, then they have no opportunity to get back in and are therefore unsponsorable for the forum and therefore yes, at that point, any sponsorship they may have in the forum should be revoked and they should no longer be the responsibility of the original sponsor, who should be allowed to carry on without worrying about some muppet causing further trouble for them after they serve their own temporary (1 week) ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Amz wrote:
    The only reason you, or anyone, would feel the need to revoke a sponsorship is if the person you sponsored got banned resulting in a banning for yourself. .

Wouldnt agree with that statement. I think any sponsor who finds himself in that position would be thinking along the lines of "sorry mate you **** the nest here so you are on your own"

The implementation of a rule or regulation does not necessarily mean that it is right. Im not saying that the present system is wrong but it is hardly inviting new members with open arms either.

Maybe introduce a points system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Pighead wrote:
    Personal abuse,off topic and most importantly wrong

Yes, yes, and no. You have through your behaviour not found anyone delusional enough to give you sponsorship, why doesn't pighead keep his nose clean, and then at the end of 6 months politely ask in a non pighead manner for sponsorship, instead of membership being automatically granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

muffler wrote:
    Wouldnt agree with that statement. I think any sponsor who finds himself in that position would be thinking along the lines of "sorry mate you **** the nest here so you are on your own"
    Uhm ... Is that not the point of the sponsorship policy? A person sponsors User X and ensures that User X does not act the idiot on the forum within the three month period that would result in sponsors and User X getting banned.

If after that time User X acts the eejit, the the sponsors aren't affected. Unfortunately people don't seem to follow the progress/habits of the people they sponsor once the person is granted access.

As I said before, you're under no obligation to sponsor anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

mycroft wrote:
    Yes, yes, and no. You have through your behaviour not found anyone delusional enough to give you sponsorship, why doesn't pighead keep his nose clean, and then at the end of 6 months politely ask in a non pighead manner for sponsorship, instead of membership being automatically granted.
    Pighead will do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

fade2black wrote:
    I'd definitely agree with this, arguments can get flamed, especially after someone's team has just been beaten. Sometimes allowances can be made from the mods for this. I think it's run pretty well actually.

Apology Accepted :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

(No apology there The Muppet, I still believe that you like the sound of your own voice (translate that to boards posts if you will) too much and are a tad pedantic, and do suffer from a superiority complex - but just because I desagree with some of your views on the soccer forum doesn't mean that I can't agree with ya elsewhere. I beleive in free speech, I believe in people saying what they want without being abused for it and that works both ways.)

fade2black wrote:
    (No apology there The Muppet, I still believe that you like the sound of your own voice (translate that to boards posts if you will) too much and are a tad pedantic, and do suffer from a superiority complex - but just because I desagree with some of your views on the soccer forum doesn't mean that I can't agree with ya elsewhere. I beleive in free speech, I believe in people saying what they want without being abused for it and that works both ways.)

I've no intention of getting into a tit for tat here but I wIll say It's not my fault if you can't hanle people expressing different opinions than youself and have to revert to personl jibes. If you want to continue this "discussion" take it to PM.

The Muppet wrote:

Out on another one of your petty points scoring missions again the Muppet !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Right anyway back to the point of my thread.
    My question was answered thanks , im with the people i sponsor for 3months fair enough , hopefully someday you might change that . Thanks again for answering me question and like i said ive no problem with the ban , **** happened just hopefully thanx 4 the fish remembers to unban me , so i can sread the flith that is dundalk fc again :)

What makes you think that I would forget to unban you sarge ?

Out on another one of your petty points scoring missions again the Muppet !

No, just another attempt at humour that appears to have gone right over your head. Some things never change eh!

The Muppet wrote:
    No, just another attempt at humour that appears to have gone right over your head. Some things never change eh!

It does appear so, you make a bloody inane comment with a smiley on the end, nobody but you thinks that it is funny or even understands that it is supposed to be, then you try and point score off the back of it. Yep normal services resume for the Muppet.

Enjoy your night lad.

It does appear so, you make a bloody inane comment with a smiley on the end, nobody but you thinks that it is funny or even understands that it is supposed to be,.

Is that not the purpose of the smilies on an internet forum, How else are we supposed to convey that our post is tongue in cheek? I would be surprised if nobody else on the forum got that from my post TBH.

then you try and point score off the back of it. Yep normal services resume for the Muppet.

Enjoy your night lad.

If you have read the thread on soccer that I linked to {as you probably have being mod of that forum} you should see who tried to point score by posting abuse at me. I wouldn't have expected you to see the humour in my post here, as I said somethings never change.

Advertisement