Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting bike from US

Options
  • 26-09-2005 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭

Looking at buying a 2nd had bike off ebay and was wondering if anyone has done it before? One seller I just contacted quoted me $400 for UPS which is a bit of a deal breaker especially as the VAT is calculated on the cost of the goods + shipping.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭roadmanmad

buying bikes on e-bay is a killer. I met a guy near Cork (Glanmire) last year who purchased a GIANT through e-bay.

The price outlined is pricey, considering you will have to add this to your budget. I got ripped off earlier this year where I paid 6 times the price for delivery that what the seller actually paid. I rated the seller on this fact but there is no comeback.

I am watching for Treks constantly as a hobby and the delivery should be less. If you do decide, made sure you insure for full value otherwise you can be caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Yeah it was actually a 2004 Trek 5200 I was looking at.
    I dont think it's worth my while tbh. I might buy one there if I go on holiday to the states or something.
    I had a go on this last week, sweet ride but a bit expensive considering 2006 models are out soon IMHO.

Advertisement