Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs Vs City OFF

• 26-09-2005 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Graham Ward and Roy O Donovan have both been called into the Irish U21 squad. It was a mutual decision to postpone the eL match.

This, IMO, is bloody ridiculous. Sure, both are important players, but at least both teams are missing one player.

There will be fixture chaos again this season.

New date TBA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Adding another game to a congested list, sweet! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Adding another game to a congested list, sweet! :)

I have the same happy feeling as you Bray Boy! :)

If I was a Village fan I'd be getting very worried about your fixture congestion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Stephen Ward yeah?

Watch your backs CCFC, Shels are gonna get ya!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I love the way the Sheliban are saying congestion. City will have to play no extra matches as a result of this, but will just have to play at a more awkward time. Its looking like this game will be played the following monday (9th?).

It just amazes me that the same thing happens every year, and there are no allowances made whatsoever.

Last season CCFC played 5 games in 16 days in the run in, yet earlier in the season went 24 days without a single game.

Longford played 6 in 20 days.

Shels had a similar stupid amount of games to play in a very small few days.

Why are no allowances being made for teams who are having success? Look at City this season

- 1st round proper of the UEFA Cup
    - In the Semi Finals of the FAI Cup
    - Top of the league on GD, but with a game in hand
    - Have players being recognised at u21 level

All sounds great, so why be bloody well "punished"? There is no reason why the game Vs Bohs should be postponed, NONE.

Ill tell ya, it'll make winning the League all the more sweet (and now Im sounding like Kevin Keegan and Pat Dolan rolled into one weird ball!)

EDIT: Bohs are saying that no such has been agreed, while the CCFC program editor assures us, it is postponed. Only in the el eh!??

gimmick wrote:
    the Sheliban

I like it! Now where did I put that Shels tea-towel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Shels had it similar last year, and at the same stage in the season had played an extra 2 games in Europe. Longford and Bohs both twice per week anyone? :)

The congestion thing is just a bit of fun, and hoping for some luck to swing our way! ;) Oh, maybe CCFC won't show, and Bohs get a walkover! G'wan, you know you want it too! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

gimmick wrote:
    I love the way the Sheliban

..Gimmick.. don't make us have to put a fatwa on your head.. *lol* :cool:

This has been re-arranged for Monday 31st october. The Bank Holiday.

Citys other fixtures have been re-arranged as follows

Harps Vs City Tuesday Oct 18th
    Shams Vs City Monday Nov 7th

There is a huge week for City between November 4th and November 11th, away to Waterford, Shams and Shels in the space of 7 days.

Thats the price of success I suppose!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

To avoid fixture congestion and having to play a lot of matches stop winning them eh?

kdjac

• Advertisement

Nope, this game is going ahead on Oct 31st, only the KO has to be finalised. I think City are pushing for an afternoon KO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

s hit was looking forward to Bohs beating the langers this Friday :(:D

Advertisement