Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for handmade Halloween costumes/ decorations

Options
  • 26-09-2005 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

what are you going as? are you going to make it yourself? any crafty ideas post 'em up and help inspire other people( including myself or ill be stuck going as wonder woman again!:D )

also, anyone making decorations for their porch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well last year when I was in the States I went as a a Dead Cheerleader. Was great fun! I bought a cheerleader outfit from a Halloween Shop. It wasnt very expensive. With the top I slashed it at the chest, so it looked like someone clawed into me. I painted myself light blue with some blue and white body paint/face paint mixed. I made scars across my chest and on each of my knees. And had blood dripping down from it all.

To make the scars, really simple. Get some cornflakes. Crush them up into little bits. Get some eyelash glue. The one I use is called Duo Adhesive and it works really well. Put that on yourself in the shape you want the wound. Let it go tacky- let it dry for a minute and then test that its tacky by tapping with your finger. Get the crushed cornflakes and press onto the glue. Just keep pressing till its all stuck. get some red face paint or lipstick and colour in the wound. Then have fun and apply the blood. It looked great on my legs coz the blood just trickled down!! hehe

The year before I went as a zombie. Dressed all in black. Painted myself white, gave myself a gaunt look, a slit throat and blackened teeth. The reaction I got from that was brillant!!

I love Halloween!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

I'm bein marge simpson this year! I'm making my dress, got the *perfect* fabric in hickeys. I got big red pearls when i was away on holliers, and i bought a pair ofd red flat shoes. For the hair I'ma dye it blue (wash in/wash out), then I'll put those things you put in buns if you have thin hair (kinda like a doughnut, you put your hair up around it), and pile them up and pput my hair around them. Ta-da! Marge!

Last year i was a fairy, I made a big white tulle skirt and sewed (fake) flowers all over it . I made wings by stretching clinkfilm over wire, and bending them into shape, and I trimmed them with furry ribbon stuff. I made a wand with a big flowery star on the end. I then got a little pink bag and put glitter in it (fairy dust) which i hung from my wrist, and sprinkled my fairy dust on people. That was a good costume, because you could wear tights under the skirt, or jeans to be more casual. I got a great reaction about it too!

I heart Halloween! (and home-makin stuff!)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

Snorlax,

for large scale themed decorations check out Made in Hollywood They are lightweight, can be painted & glittered and are made from polystyrene.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i'd prefer to make it myself rather then buying it from the internet as that's half the fun, using your initative to create something new out of something old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

my sentiments exactlemundo

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Well this year I am going to dress up as a Victorian prostitute.

I have brown lace up boots and brown fishnets. I made a pair of bloomers for myself by converting a pair of pj bottoms by adding elastic to the bottom then putting on lace and ribbons.

Over the top I will be wearing a white petticoat (which I'm sewing more ribbons on to) and a brown peasant over skirt. My top is a peasanty white top over which I will wear my corset and then a shawl over my shoulders.

I'm going to leave my hair loose and wear a piece of ribbon around my throat as a choker. I'm also going to draw on a beauty spot.

I'm lucky that I have failry pale skin anyway which suits the period. I did play around with the idea of blacking out a couple of teeth and giving myself pox marks but decided I was really more of an up-market hooker ;)

I'm going to pin up the side of my skirts to show off the under layers and I'm currently practicing my Cockney accent and saying "Lawks!"

Not a hard thing to do but I think it will look pretty effective once I have it all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

are you going to use really red lipstick and curl your hair kinda like Mary Antoinnette?

Advertisement