Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

b&l C&E problems

Options
  • 26-09-2005 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

i have to say that i'm less than impressed with the attitude of these societies.
    i agree that most of the girls tend to be pretty hot but i have serious issue with the names being used and te attitudes they convey.

why business and legal when it is mostly arts people and the comlete emphasis on no study and so on is a little tiresome,
    anyone else agree....or not

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yeah!!!

Lets Make A Study Society!!!

Great Suggestion!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i wouldn't get too worried about it, the names of many societies are meaningless. join stuff by word of mouth and you won't be disappointed - and of course join engsoc and elecsoc </plug>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i have to say that i'm less than impressed with the attitude of these societies.
    i agree that most of the girls tend to be pretty hot but i have serious issue with the names being used and te attitudes they convey.

why business and legal when it is mostly arts people and the comlete emphasis on no study and so on is a little tiresome,
    anyone else agree....or not

The best advice you'll ever get about these societies is not to join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yeah you might make some friends Zane...

And we couldn't have that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 RobVanDamager2

The best advice you'll ever get about these societies is not to join them.

The best advice is to not listen to zaney no mates

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Ah this old chestnut! Yep I'm not sick of this already :rolleyes:

The best advice is to not listen to zaney no mates

The best advice I'll ever get is to click the report post button and get your ass thrown out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I'm with Zane on this one!!! Who needs friends!?!

K back to studying, can't spend too much time away from the books!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Just stay away from them if you can't stand the whole jock, oompa loompa mentality. Look for another society/club that is more suited to your interests. Red Alert's advice of joining stuff you've heard good things about is well founded.

• Advertisement

If anyone knows the whereabouts of Zanes friends could they please contact the gardai in Store st??

Funky wrote:

I can only presume this idiot was reading that thread looking for someone to have a go at or is someone else who posts here.

Anyway with QSoc on the horizon, the jock/oompa loompa scene is getting even more confusing. I expect mass rivalry between them all to break out soon enough hopefully leading to the demise of them all!

Out of interest do they actually do anything that bears any relation to their society title?

Damn! That's me in a nutshell! =)

I'm afraid I was around long before you discovered this site as an output for your angsty crying. Incessant whining about Jocks/D4 people gets a bit trying buddy. You need to lose that chip on your shoulder or move college or something, cause it won't change any time soon.

Sangre wrote:
    Yeah you might make some friends Zane...

And we couldn't have that!!

Don't know how I missed that post.

Why don't you just shut up Sangre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Lay off lads, that sh!t was uncalled for

Lay off lads, that sh!t was uncalled for

Problem is that it's let happen and will continue to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Karma.............. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

U know what its all arrogant,spiteful people like sangre that are in charge of c+e and the likes.When i was treasurer of world aid soc there was this really sexist guy in charge of the societys and clubs called richard butler-he's prob still there.He absolutely loves c+e,b+l and so they always get the best stands at freshers week while us poor world aid soc(a worthwhile cause)was confined toithe back of the tent. I just hate the way those societys put so much emphasis and relay so heavily on looks.
    P.s zane dont listen to silly sangre
    PP.s sangre will you please get rid of that quote from me-i must have been really wasted when i wrote it.

panda100 wrote:
    PP.s sangre will you please get rid of that quote from me-i must have been really wasted when i wrote it.

hahahaha STUNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

Wonder if they would say that to your face zane?

Keyboard warriors!

Wat can ya do!

BTW - Panda can take care of herself, heard she can do a hadouken.

• Advertisement

yeah will well be able to handle sangre and robvan damager!I am from limerick after all .....

Doubt they'll be there, so try to leave the oul scian at home for a change ya pikey! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭kas

Everyone stop shouting, I'm trying to get to sleep!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

BTW this has completly gone off the point of givin out about The q soc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

The C&E/B&L societies wreck my head, they are full of jocks, cliques and bimbos. College is supposed to be a place where you can be yourself, instead most forms of social activity revolve around the ethos of B&L/C&E, Most entertainment in UCD is dominated by Quinn Soc, B&L and C&E. They are conformist societies where the blokes feel the need to bleech their hair and wear rugby shirts, and the girls feel the need to objectify and themselves by walking around in teeshirts rolled up to their waist. Any other form of entertainment is marginalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

RobVanDanger Banned permanently - 2 abusive posts reported.

Sangre - You just crossed the personal insult line.

Attack the post, not the poster. If you cross that line again there'll be a lengthy ban

Yeah there is no fun or anything worthwhile in there societys at all.It annoys me that they get so much sponsership when you see some worthwhile intresting societys struggling with there accounts.How can the guy who started this thread say the b+l,c+e girls are hot-to me they all look like the same bland person with nothing quirky and intresting bout them whatsover-v.unnnatractive!

I think the whole thing is that a lot of people from ucd are from private schools, so they go into college with a lot of there mates, from school. Same apllies to both sexes. Then they end up meetin people they know from other schools, rugby, goin out in general and hang around with them and join societies with them, such as C&E. This is why u have such big cliques. Its not just people in college hangin around with people that look like them or something, most of these people in the already mentioned societies all know each other already, either form school or through mates. The girls from the private school end up bein in general ( im goin get flammed and battered for sayin this ) good lookin, thats why u see lots of girlies on the soc stands cause there mates with the lads. No big deal is it? I only give out cause there crap societies NOT cause of the people, even if they are/are not saps.

Someone might be able to go through my previous posts and see that i might ( i havent checked ) have contradicted myslef. Im lookin at Sangre.

TBH i dont really have any problems with jocks, just with saps, like Kev, only messin snot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭kas

White_Belt wrote:
    about your name? you decided not to register for a month and change but just abandon the old one?

Yeah, I've been on boards since 2000. I change nicks and abandon the old ones.

But to keep on topic, I have no problem with the BOPs and we (Irish) don't really have the physique for "jocks". They're easily ignored if you wish but some of them are just really cool if insecure girls.

• Advertisement

Just noticed were all online!

Advertisement