Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

b&l C&E problems

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

zane i cannot reply to your pm because your inbox is full.

Please delete a few messages so that i can send my reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭kas

White_Belt wrote:
    trib is a jock in the making.

I think being an asshole is a prerequisite. Tribulus only has the body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

zane i cannot reply to your pm because your inbox is full.

Please delete a few messages so that i can send my reply.

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Seriously lads, you can just ignore all the jock socs you don't like, (unless you're chained to the stand during freshers week, and even at that, it's only a week).

Let them have their little parties and the rest of us can do something else, there's really no shortage of something elses to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I was merely pointing out to Zane that maybe he'd fit in better if he didn't just dismiss some of the largest societies offhand because he judges people on where they're from and what they look like. Who knows, maybe you'll squeeze yourself into a clique...hooray!

Just some constructive criticism, no?

(I know you're gagging for it panda100)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

just curious but is anyone who has posted here an active member of any of these societies, what do they actually do????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I went to one of those private schools. The people can be bad certainly, but they;re not all bad. The whole knowing lots of people from your old school isn't all it's cracked up to be either, it's handy enough, but I mean, it means you're less likely to meet new people, which is unfortunate.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

so did i but i hang around with very few ppl from my old school. people change when you go to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'll probably end up with a similar situation. I wouldn't mind too much either, it can be a bit insular hanging out with the D4 crowd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

if we're labelling I'm far more of a skobe than a jock :D

cheers kas ;)

Personally it doesn't bother me about those socs whose events bare no relevance to their name, simply don't join or else don't go to any events if you do join just for the free stuff.

If there's that much of an interest for a soc that discusses actual business and legal matters then I'm sure someone will do something about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Funny thing is, you could merge all of them into one big Bondi Soc.

Conor's lapping it up - best financial move he ever made!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

RobVanDanger Banned permanently - 2 abusive posts reported.

Sangre - You just crossed the personal insult line.

Attack the post, not the poster. If you cross that line again there'll be a lengthy ban

As a regular reader of the ucd boards.....if not a regular poster id just like to say that I really....really feels Zanes posts invite those kind of comments....not any individual one mind you...but after you read what he writes for a couple of weeks i find it the best thing to do is just skip over his posts....always the same Sh**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

padser wrote:
    As a regular reader of the ucd boards.....if not a regular poster id just like to say that I really....really feels Zanes posts invite those kind of comments....not any individual one mind you...but after you read what he writes for a couple of weeks i find it the best thing to do is just skip over his posts....always the same Sh**

them be fighting words :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭john^doyle

padser wrote:

i agree. he talks some amount of shite and then goes to the moderators when people call him out on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Right! The moderators will hear about this. Your in trouble now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Why can't we all just be friends? :rolleyes:

Advertisement