Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Softball and Fencing!!

Options
  • 26-09-2005 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

Any idea about the details with training with these?? BJJ aswell? I know I was told when I signed up, but I forgot what time and what day they're held at.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

My Softball informant Snickerpuss said it is on Tuesday (tomorrow) at 5pm behind the sportscentre past the hockey pitches and near the 5 a side footie pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Fencing:
    All training in hall A:
    Tuesday 6:00-8:00
    Saturday 10:00-13:00

We're expecting quite a few people tomorrow so bare with us if its a little messy. It'll improve as people drop off.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Seifer wrote:
    It'll improve as people drop off.

You're not going to drug us so we pass out are you? :eek:

You're not going to drug us so we pass out are you?
    No that would be too expensive, we're just gonna make you do star jumps til your legs and arms fall off :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Wow, am I glad I didn't join Fencing Soc! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 whatsgoin'on

softball training
    tuesday 5-6 @11-a-side astroturf pitch behind the sports centre
    saturday 11-1 @thornfield beside the belfield bowl(the rugby pitch)

Come down and try it out. Simple game, lots of laughs.
    Start of season party in messrs maguires on oct 6th.

Umpire: OK, let's go over the ground rules. You can't leave first until you chug a beer. And then scoring, you have to chug a beer. You have to chug a beer after all odd-numbered innings. Oh, and the 4th inning is the beer inning.
    Chief Wiggum: Hey, we know how to play softball!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Seifer wrote:
    No that would be too expensive, we're just gonna make you do star jumps til your legs and arms fall off

I had to give fencing a miss as I'm dying with the flu and I figured I'd be made do push-ups and all that jazz.

The next training time is Saturday isn't it? Should I turn up for that? Is it for beginners? So many questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Fencing was cool today, no push ups but a pretty long jog outside followed by suicide runs followed by more jogging...
    And I think they said the training wasn't on this saturday cos of a competition or something

As ghostchant pointed out there is a competition being hosted this weekend in ucd so training is off for this saturday. Next Tuesday is your best bet.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it ghostchant and as I said above it gets a lot better when less people are there. You'll get to do more actual fencing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 whatsgoin'on

See if you had of joined softball, you wouldn't be dying.
    you don't have to be fit to play it. If anyone took one look at me they
    would know that straight away.

sorry, i'm lying, the only thing you need to be fit for playing softball,
    is drinking beer. If you can do that you can do anything

• Advertisement
Advertisement