Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death of a classmate

Options
  • 26-09-2005 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

I hope i dont depress ye all with this but have any of ye expierenced the death of a classmate? At the weekend a classmate of mine was killed when the car he was driving went out of control and hit a wall and he was killed. His friend broke his pelvis and to make it worse the first person to come on the scene of the accident was the drivers best friend. The atmosphere in school today was undescribable, we just sat in the first class while the teacher didnt really know what to say. After break we had a prayer service and the school brought in a siciologist to talk to us. Many of the students and teachers are finding it tough and my main reason for this post is to ask ye have any of ye every expierenced anything like this and how did your
    school deal with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

Fortunately I've never had to go through anything like that before, and I cannot imagine it ever happening to anyone I know of. But I guess we all think like that until something as tragic as it may sound does happen. It really makes you think doesn't it? Anyways man, hope your keeping well, if you ever need to talk about it PM me, my prayers go out to his family and friends. Always sucks to hear of something like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Thank God that never happened to me but the best advice you'll get is to say prayers for your deceased classmate, your injured classmate and their families. Reflect on life with a positive mentality, be there for your other classmates, be united with them and do your best to concentrate on your studies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Very sorry to hear that, its an awful thing to have to go through. A good friend of mine died in primary school, a long time ago but I can still remember it like yesterday. There was a very sad and depressing athmosphere for ages afterwards.

I know its a horrible thing to have happen but I hope you are able to overcome it soon and try to carry on whilst keeping all your memories.

Again sorry to hear it, CrimE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

My teacher died on the 23rd of March in 2003. He had only been in the school for two years, but the sheer grief in the school for weeks after he died was testament to the impact he made in the short time he was there. Teachers were uncontrollably crying and the night we found out was terrible, no one really talked for the whole night and everyone was in bits. So, in some form I know how you feel but not on the level as a classmate. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

Twice unfortunatly the first was from an od an yokes and the second a car crash, the mood was very somber for the first week but then everybody just got back into things and it got movin again

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Yes, a girl from my year died but in completely different circumstances, she had cystic fibrosis. The school gave us the morning of her funeral off so that people could go to it if they wished, and they had a sort of remembrance assembly for her too. It was a few days before our junior cert results came out, she hadn't been able to do her junior cert because she was so ill at the time. I felt awful thinking of her parents the day of our results, that she should have been able to do her exams and celebrate her results with the rest of us. The atmosphere was strange for a while alright, but it gets better, and you'll always stop to remember them at times like your graduation. Nobody will forget, but in time everyone accepts it and can move on. I hope you are ok, if you need to talk or anything you can PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I would just like to thank you all for your replies.
    Today was our first full day back at school this week as all of our year left school at 1 o'clock on Monday and Tuesday and the school was closed yesterday for the funeral. Even though we had a full day today many people in our year weren't in and a few left, they just couldn't take the whole back to normality thing yet. Many of the teachers just got on with work and didn't put any pressure on us, but they did mention that we have to sit our leaving cert come June and that we have to get on with things. Our religion teacher told us that the next few days will be hard for many, especially when everyone is back at school. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

No problem. Hope you and your classmates can move on and concentrate on your work. I know its hard but things have to keep moving.

one of mygood friends was killed falling off a quad a week before my leaving!it def put things into perspective!yeah the whole school does be depressed!it kinda left a big hole in her year!many of them never came back!went to yeats in galway!

Advertisement