Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anything online to buy for €2.62?

• 26-09-2005 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,047 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't know where else to post this so apologies mods and feel free to move if not suitable!

Just checked what i've left on my 3V Account after buying a load of DVD's online. And it's a whole €2.62!!!

So.. being a believer in not wasting a cent of my hard earned money. Can anyone find me anything to buy for €2.62 (incl. shipping) online?

Doubt it'll be anything too useful... actually, i know it won't! But just would like to use up what's left of the small remaining balance.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,047 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers for them but not really interested in either and besides.. think it costs a €1 (which is normally re-imbursed on a normal credit card, but not on a 3V) to register on EBay.

Already found a couple of DVD's online like 'Return To Gilligan's Island' and 'Bodyguard' for less than €2 on DVDBargain.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Signup for PayPal and send it to your bank account... it'll cost you e1 for the trouble, but your bank account will be e1.62 better off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

basquille wrote:
    Didn't know where else to post this so apologies mods and feel free to move if not suitable!

Just checked what i've left on my 3V Account after buying a load of DVD's online. And it's a whole €2.62!!!

So.. being a believer in not wasting a cent of my hard earned money. Can anyone find me anything to buy for €2.62 (incl. shipping) online?

Doubt it'll be anything too useful... actually, i know it won't! But just would like to use up what's left of the small remaining balance.

Cheers!
    Sorrt but whats a 3V account? do u have to pay interest n stuff like on Credit cards :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Mabye a mod could move this to the Online shopping forum.
    I'm actually in the same boat. I have about 5 left.
    But shipping *always* costs more than that. I might just paypal it to myself tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Thanks, but not in Permanent TSB.
    Tring to curb my Credit Card problems... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,047 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Mabye a mod could move this to the Online shopping forum.
    I'm actually in the same boat. I have about 5 left.
    'Tis very annoying alright!

Off-topic here but 3V are starting to roll out round the country! Go here for a full list of retailers. It's seriously grown in this past 2 weeks or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

aye, I know.
    I have a regular CC and all but I thought I'd give it a go, like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Give it to charity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Scroll to the bottom of the page and donate it to boards.ie :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Thats just over half a months subscription there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

ciaranfo wrote:
    Signup for PayPal and send it to your bank account... it'll cost you e1 for the trouble, but your bank account will be e1.62 better off :)

I thought that too...until this week, when I discovered that while you can verify yourself all the way up to God with both Paypal and Ebay with 3v.ie (as long as, in the case of the former, you managed to notice that they have changed the verification process in mid verify before the voucher expires :rolleyes: ) you STILL cannot pay into your own Paypal.ie account from any bank account or credit card...

I am still working on figuring out what form of business sense this makes...

However, if you open a SECOND Paypal.ie account you SHOULD be able to use your now "verified" and "expanded" paypal account to send your new Paypal.ie account any money you wish from you 3v.ie vouchers...so as to dump it straight into your bank account...

Unless this involves some serious charges this will likely cost Paypal more to administer than it is worth...which is GOOD...because IMHO they deserve it! :mad:

Advertisement