Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

worried about my foreskin *graphic*

• 26-09-2005 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

as a kid I never got into the habbit that I should have of pulling it back to wash the actual penis, and it is recently that I am seeing how unheigenic that is, but I find it hard to get it back that far, I can't get it around my head. I have tried repeatedly to do it but it feels horrible and I can't. I am afraid that my foreskin might be too tight or something and I don't wanna have to get a circumcision at 19, apparently it hurts like a bitch for weeks afterwards! so I just wanna know how far are you supposed to be able to pull your foreskin back.

sorry if I have freaked anyone out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭eyedrenalin

Dude, I remember those sorta fears when I was younger... It's a real un-nerving feeling the first time you "have a look"... It does go back all the way - They ALL DO! it'll probably feel very sensitive the first few days but you don't always have to "keep your sleeves rolled up"... If you're still unsure, call your GP. What happens when you have sex?

E

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Apparently it's a common enough problem, but you shouldn't have to suffer a circumcision to fix it. In fact if it's suggested by a doctor, seek a second opinion. This isn't the place for medical advice, but some doctors may want to go the circumcision route when it's not needed. A mate of mine had a similar problem years back. It all came out when he was drunk(as these things will :D ) and the first doctor he went to favoured the snip. He did a lot of research into the matter and was saved that and the resultant loss in penile function. IIRC topical steroids sorted him out.

A quick google cam up with this site http://www.norm-uk.org/circumcision_alternative_treatments.html

Google lots on the issue. It seems to be quite contentious though, with both sides getting quite het up about circumcision. My personal feeling would be that an intact penis is by far the better situation. The foreskin is there for a reason. Evolution wouldn't put something there for nothing. Lets put it this way, if the same procedure was done as routinely on women as it is on men, there would probably be a lot more questions asked. The US seems particularly keen on the procedure, it seems for cultural reasons more than anything else.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gaa247

I also have a problem.I can pull back my foreskin when im not on a erection.BUt when i get on an erection it starts to pain me and its really sensitive.Is this normal as iv only started to pull it back lately.I am 17.Any help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Skin stretches. If you've never stretched it before it will hurt. Keep at it, it'll work.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Fairly common problem. Go see a doc. Depending on how tight it is, he'll probably either recommend some creams, steroids or a circumcision. If you have to get a circumcision, it's not the end of the world. Just ask devore how he likes his 'V neck' over a 'polo'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Some people are shown this from childhood, other only really start doing it when they start experimenting with masturbation.

Have a series of hot baths and gradually pull it back. Depending on the frenelum, the foreskin should retract the whole way when the penis is flacid although it might bunch slightly around the ridge of the glans when fully erect.

I don't think it would harm you having a chat with your GP. If you are in college, you can probably use the doctor for a nominal fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Illegal Alien

I dunno man, I have a mate who had the same problem...obviously I dont like to bring it up to often, but he told me about it at the time, his skin didn't go back etc., so he went to the doctor, who referd him to a surgeon, and he got circumsized...he was keeping it under his hat untill then, but he got pretty scared a few days before the surgery, so he talked to me about it...anyway, afterwards he was cool, it was bandaged for a couple of days, a little bit sore...nothing major, and he was "back in action" in a couple of weeks. I wouldnt force it though mate....go to the doc.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

this is not a medical board
    go to the doctor
    B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement